The VP of Marketing-Capabilities will lead a team in strategic development and delivery of capabilities in the market place. This role will strategize future state needs based on strong market knowledge and partnerships with our Client facing teams in developing and delivering strategic marketing and product capabilities that offer a competitive advantage to our brand partners in the consumer landscape of loyalty within the revolving credit space through mobile, on-line, and in-store environments.
The ideal candidate will bring the experience needed to provide expertise in the following areas: Digital, Loyalty, Acquisition, Card Member Communication, Business Development, and Innovation.
• Lead strategic vision of capabilities, ensuring the ideal deployment of marketing strategies and capabilities delivered through mobile, on-line, and in-store environments.
• Partner with our Client Sales Team and Marketing strategists to understand the business needs of existing and new business prospects, collaborating to design marketing strategies and weave a compelling sales story
• Identify new and existing viable loyalty and marketing solutions that bring value to card members and clients in delivering business goals.
• Design & develop proposals and presentations that capture and convey quantifiable business value for capabilities being brought to the marketplace.
• Design & develop proposals, projects and campaigns to assess effectiveness; constantly seek opportunities for process improvement and optimization
• Maintain industry knowledge through actively developing credible and strategic relationships with industry experts and conducting industry research
• Aligning to the overall business strategy when driving the direction for a team of 25 associates with projects, processes, and marketing efforts. Providing developmental and managerial leadership to the Marketing Capabilities team
• Providing overall direction to the marketing capabilities activity and leading the efforts in product services across Alliance Data’s client base
• Acting as a member of the Senior Leadership Team for the broader business, as well as the marketing areas
• Providing developmental and managerial leadership to the Marketing Capabilities team
• Formulating insights, championing and driving insights into action
• Travel required – up to 20%.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong working knowledge of marketing capabilities connected to the retail industry, brand services, private label, co-brand and/or commercial credit program marketing strategies.
• Advanced knowledge of general marketing and credit marketing concepts and principles (segmentation, credit card benefits, offer strategies, testing strategy, strategies to drive co-brand partner and external spend)
• Proven ability to think creatively and strategically, providing big ideas and innovative approaches
• Knowledge of multi-product and multi-channel marketing concepts and principles.
• Consultative selling mindset with a demonstrated ability to analyze prospect and client businesses needs and create winning selling and marketing strategies and selling stories to meet those needs
• Ability to quickly explore and understand the different credit program verticals that support a credit program (including but not limited to apparel, hardgoods, high frequency merchants, travel and entertainment and other) and adjust the strategy and story to fit the vertical
• Professional demeanor with superior interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships, influence others, effectively lead discussions and be a strong negotiator.
• Excellent project/time management skills and the ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a fast paced environment.
• BA/BS degree in Marketing, Sales, Business, or equivalent education/and or related experience. MBA or Business Related Advanced Degree preferred.
• A minimum of 12 years professional hands-on experience with marketing concepts, strategy, and product services or product management.
• A minimum of 5 years proven managerial or supervisory experience
• Proven experience building marketing capabilities and product services for retail, brand, consumer or credit cards.
• Proven experience influencing a business or marketing strategy through the application and/or management of product service solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good at developing interpersonal relationships.
• Highly motivated to achieve and collaborative as well as innovative
• Consumer oriented marketing, product offering, capability & loyalty skills.
• CoBrand credit card marketing experience/knowledge
• Strong understanding of financial concepts, retail, loyalty and credit programs, consumer behavior, and marketing analytics
• Experience in planning, priority settings, and project management skills
• Demonstrate superior leadership to the broader business and internal team
• Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
Retail Pay Statement
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).Retail Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.Retail Services
Let's face it; it's a brand loyal world we're living in, which is why Alliance Data Retail Services offers integrated private label and co-brand credit card programs enhanced by integrated marketing services. We manage over 90 credit programs for America's most recognized retailers, helping them sell more and improve customer loyalty.About Alliance Data
Alliance Data® (NYSE: ADS) and its combined businesses is North America’s largest and most comprehensive provider of transaction-based, data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions serving large, consumer-based industries. The Company creates and deploys customized solutions, enhancing the critical customer marketing experience; the result is measurably changing consumer behavior while driving business growth and profitability for some of today’s most recognizable brands. Alliance Data helps its clients create and increase customer loyalty through solutions that engage millions of customers each day across multiple touch points using traditional, digital, mobile and other emerging technologies. Headquartered in Dallas, Alliance Data and its three businesses employ approximately 11,000 associates at more than 70 locations worldwide.
Alliance Data consists of three businesses: Alliance Data Retail Services, a leading provider of marketing-driven credit solutions; Epsilon®, a leading provider of multichannel, data-driven technologies and marketing services; and LoyaltyOne®, which owns and operates the AIR MILES® Reward Program, Canada’s premier coalition loyalty program. For more information about the company, visit our web site, www.alliancedata.com, or follow us on Twitter via @AllianceData.Location:
Columbus, OH, USJob:
Alliance Data - RetailSchedule: