Provides circulating nurse services in the operating room during surgical or pain management procedures and assists the surgical team as needed in any other capacity, according to established procedures.
The staffing of the Center is based on a teamwork concept. Employees may be cross-trained in other clinical areas and may be expected to perform duties other than their normal ones as staffing and patient needs change.
1. Supervises and directs patient care in the individual operating /pain rooms
2. Performs all circulating duties with efficiency and speed
3. Ensure patient’s emotional, physical and psychological needs are met
4. Ensures that proper techniques and practices are used according to accepted standards of practice.
5. Supervises and assists scrub technician as necessary
6. Ensures care of patient through proper identification, checking of chart, and reporting of changes in condition
7. Performs scrub duties as necessary
8. Assists in control and maintenance of supplies and equipment
9. Assists the anesthesiologist/CRNA as necessary
10. Documents all nursing care delivered in the operating /pain room in the medical record
11. Performs other nursing duties as assigned
12. Maintains established Center/departmental policies and procedures
13. Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business
14. Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other Center employees
15. Documents concisely, precisely and accurately on all records or documents as indicated by policy.
16. Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and Center business