To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience :
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations :
- Completion of an accredited program in practical nursing
- IV and medication certification as required by state law
- Must possess and maintain valid CPR certification.
- Current LPN license
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Meets state requirements for certification or IV Therapy training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee must have the following abilities:
- Ability to transfer, manipulate, support or position equipment and patients, with or without assistance, which requires strength, gross motor and fine motor muscle coordination
- Ability to administer prescribed treatments using arms to reach, and hands to finger, handle or feel
- Ability to perform CPR and venipuncture which requires occasional stooping, kneeling or crouching
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate with patients and staff along with the ability to detect and discern audible alarms; Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. HIPAA:
DCI employees are expected to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of paper and electronic protected health information DCI creates, receives, transmits, and maintains. This is accomplished by following the policies and procedures in the HIPAA training required for all employees. Work Hours
: DCI reserves the right to alter your work hours and work location in order to accommodate patient and staffing needs. Bloodborne Pathogens:
Since this is a healthcare environment, there is the possibility of exposure to infectious / contagious diseases, needle sticks and blood and body fluids. Further information about this position’s specific work environment and exposure category will be provided during orientation. This position is classified as Category I.
DCI offers a very competitive benefits package.DCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAVEVRAA Federal Contractor