Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.
The Community Outreach Manager provides general oversight of the Community Outreach Coordinator's within the local market. This position serves as a subject matter expert (SME) in the market, and is responsible for assisting in the development and onboarding of new CORs, the day to day management of the COR marketing function, the development of top ten account plans, and other duties as assigned by the RVP of Sales.
-Responsible for providing direction of account management plans, using the template and process issued by corporate sales..
-Works under the direction of the Sales RVP to drive and achieve referral targets by assisting in the management of the sales cycle.
-Manages HCRM reporting and provides recommendations based on the outcomes.
-Serves as a subject matter expert on the Hospice offering.
-Establishes priorities with RVP and Executive Director, and supports completion with market SAMS.
-Mentors and manages the CORs in the market, and provides day to day oversight to ensure that appropriate activity is generated.
-Supports business development as needed.
-Participates in the management of the workbooks and general outreach strategies to ensure that targets are met..
-Maintains a working knowledge of plan benefit, program changes, industry insights and regulatory requirements.
-Ensures compliance and quality of sales process components, adhering to all applicable state and federal regulatory requirements and Optum Complex Management Policies and Procedures.
-Supports and/or participates in the hiring, training and development of COR staff.
-Performs other job related instructions as requested, with reasonable accommodation.
May perform any or all of the following duties:
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding membership growth and retention goals through new sales and renewals generated by Community outreach and community activities.
- Manages the development of leads and sales process for new business and renewals obtained by community outreach activities.
- Responsible for organizing sales /product presentations, sales proposals, providers presentations and product seminars to generate sales.
- Develops/updates performance standards; reviews performance, identifies problems and takes corrective/proactive action with Sales team.
- Strategize with staff / sales team to increase sales, retention, service and productivity.
- Works closely with Sales team to develop sites and daily activities within the community to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with key community organizations and leaders.
- Analyzes trends and competitor activities and makes recommendations on sales strategy.
Management duties: Determines staff level, interviews/hires new employees, ensures appropriate training, conducts performance reviews, counsels employees and takes appropriate disciplinary action. Develops and administers objectives, operating policies and procedures, budget and strategic action plans for achieving goals. Provides leadership and motivation by establishing clear expectations., communicates specific performance feedback, and by giving timely and thorough performance reviews.