Education Affiliates provides educational programs that deliver real-life career skills in high demand occupations that lead to employment upon graduation and a lifetime of personal growth.
This position serves as a Learning Resource Center (LRC) Technician in a medium-sized career college. The LRC Technician assists the LRC Manager in helping faculty, staff, and students in the use of Learning Resource Center resources and equipment and performs routine clerical duties related to the operation of the LRC. Frequently works unsupervised and is expected to solve problems independently. Provides information services and circulation services to students and faculty using print and electronic sources. This position reports to the Learning Resource Center Manager.
• Perform tasks assigned by the LRC Manager
• Abide by and enforce the policies and procedures of the LRC and the college
• Maintain good relations with the students and other staff, individually and in general
• Work as a team with the LRC Manager and work-study student workers
• Inform the LRC Manager of any ongoing events or issues that require attention
• Assist students and faculty in location of print and non-print resources
• Assist in maintaining student LRC check-in records to assess student usage of LRC
• Answer basic research questions
• Assist students and faculty with minor computer troubleshooting
• Perform circulation duties
• Log in journals
• Handle routine problems under the guidance of supervisor
• Keep supervisor informed of departmental needs and concerns
• Assist in identifying weaknesses in the print collection
• Conduct library orientations for new students and faculty
• Attend pertinent meetings or training courses and undertake special training activities as directed
• Monitor student use of the library
• Maintain supply of instructional handouts
• Shelve print and audiovisual materials
• Shelf read the print collection
• Assist LRC Manager in processing and maintaining library collections
• Assist in maintaining the appearance of the LRC
• Assist in training LRC work-study student assistants
• Maintain paper supply in LRC printers
• Assist in the cataloging of print materials
• Maintain active communications with the LRC Manager, including maintenance of work documentation (may include work journal or wiki)
• Other duties as assigned
The LRC Technician is a full-time non-exempt position. Employee may be scheduled to work evenings and/or weekends; however, schedules may be altered depending upon the needs of the LRC.
Work is performed in an office-like environment, but with need for considerable mobility: light lifting, bending, stooping, stretching, and sitting at a desk. The LRC Technician must have keyboard skills, ability to read printed and on-screen information, and ability to answer the telephone.