Briefly summarize the purpose or function of this position:
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and coaching of the Contact Center team in servicing of our accountholders and business relations to ensure a positive customer experience. May be focused on training, metric gathering/analysis or staff coaching and leadership. Monitor all incoming telephone queues to ensure all calls are answered within our servicing level agreements. Maintain compliance with Federal and State regulations as well as Webster/HSA Bank policies and procedures. Meet/exceed individual service goals, and demonstrate operational excellence. Proven proficiency in all major skill sets. Demonstrated self motivation, flexibility, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Actively manage the Contact Center floor and assist by providing operational expertise and support as well as ensuring schedule adherence by team.
• Monitor the phone queues and prioritize calls accordingly to ensure all areas of the Contact Center are meeting our service levels
• Recommend appropriate internal resource(s) to assist team with inquiries.
• Assist in observations and on-the-spot coaching/training of service team.
• Provide on-the-spot constructive and/or positive feedback to team based on observations.
• Resolve problems on a case-by-case, customer-by-customer basis which may include policy, procedure, process, compliance and risk assessment.
• Available resource to the rest of the Client Contact Center as well as first level of escalation
• Take ownership of escalated calls and issues and report systems or policy issues to appropriate parties.
• Act as an advocate for the customer by submitting feedback through appropriate channels.
• Ensure proper and adequate staff training, including new hire and ongoing training
• Ensure training documents are current with the corresponding current processes
• Facilitate continued improvement in the new hire training program both in training time and skills sets trained
• Assist the supervisor manager with identifying trends with regard to areas of learning opportunities for team.
• Assists in the gathering and analysis of the moving parts of the customer servicing department, including average handle time, availability, customer call behaviors etc.
• Assist in analyzing the data gathered to make recommendations to supervisor on staffing, training opportunities and educational opportunities for customers.
• Assists in the preparation of department performance presentations. Timeframes can vary from weekly to monthly to annual performance.
• Promote teamwork and a positive working environment in order to achieve team goals.
• Participate in team-training sessions consistent with the Contact Center’s Customer Service standards and guidelines.
• Work with supervisor to establish individual development goals.
• Prioritize and perform multiple tasks at the same time
• Consistently meet/exceed all customer service standards, goals and objectives
• Model behavior consistent with the Contact Center’s customer service standards, policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager