For over 150 years, PNC has grown into one of America's most respected banks, because we're committed to helping customers and employees reach their goals. You can depend on PNC to provide the training you need, along with an inclusive culture that recognizes your talent, values diversity and cares about social responsibility. Working with us means having an opportunity you can feel good about, with a Fortune 200 company that's been selected as a 'Great Place To Work' by Gallup.
This position will be located in downtown Cleveland, downtown Pittsburgh or Wilmington, DE.
The Residential Real Estate Data Team, part of Analytics and Portfolio Management within Risk Management, is responsible for aggregating, standardizing, and managing the data set for Home Equity and Mortgage portfolios at PNC, which is used for analytics, CCAR loss estimation and fed stress testing, reserves, 10Q/K, supporting credit policies, and providing ad hoc analyses support.
The Data Infrastructure & Analysis-Specialist I position is located in downtown Cleveland or downtown Pittsburgh . The candidate for this role will be responsible for the design and development of production applications that are used for pulling and standardizing data extracts, applying business logic via multifaceted calculations, and creating output files consumed by the user community. The position requires involvement in all phases of implementing new applications, which includes research, requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing and execution. The candidate will also be expected to look for ways to enhance the automation and efficiency of current processes and should possess the ability to accurately document technical requirements and procedures. The candidate must be able to establish a detailed understanding of the underlying data, structures, and the efficient means to utilize available data for complex computations.
This position requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as being able to understand the business logic driving the development. Solid understanding of the Systems Development Lifecycle and how it affects deliverables is critical to success in this role. The candidate should possess workload management skills and be flexible to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to be engaged in complex assignments, meet tight deadlines, and possess strong accountability and leadership skills. Effective written, oral, and interpersonal skills, with both business and technical resources, are necessary. Experience with mortgage and home equity data products is highly preferable.
Candidate must possess the following technical skills:
Roles at this level typically require a college degree with 7+ years relevant experience
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Advanced SAS programming experience is required along with the ability to write complex stored procedures and well performing code.
- Strong skills in relational database management development and/or support required; preferable experience includes MS SQL, Oracle, and/or SQL-PL programming
- Experience in proper database design methodologies such as normalization, constraints, keys, etc.
-Skilled in database/procedure tuning methodologies to enhance efficiency
- Ability to write, read, and understand complex SQL and SAS procedures, including Macros
- Understanding complex database structures and techniques needed for data extraction and manipulation
- Ability to implement controls and quality assurance audits in all processes, including new development
- Experience in software and database engineering
- Experience working with agile, production, Big Data columnar in-memory databases
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel) skills