Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer - VMware / Storage
Requisition Number: 9858
Location(s): US, Texas, Austin
EPICOR…Our Mission: Be the leading provider of industry-specific business software that drives growth and profitability for our customers.
EPICOR SOFTWARE CORPORATION is a global leader delivering inspired business software solutions to the manufacturing, distribution, retail, and services industries. With over 40 years of experience serving small, midmarket and large enterprises, Epicor has more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries. Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP), retail management software, supply chain management (SCM), and human capital management (HCM) enable companies to drive increased efficiency and improve profitability.
Epicor is recognized as “visionary” for completing the convergence of multiple ERP products together to create a comprehensive, 100% SOA-based solution. This strategy has enabled Epicor to continually adapt to the latest technologies available, while allowing customers to protect their investment. Utilizing Web services, Epicor helps businesses rapidly respond to change, adjust for growth, and maintain their competitive advantage on a local, regional, or global scale.
With a history of innovation, industry expertise and passion for excellence, Epicor provides the single point of accountability that local, regional, and global business demand.
This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and supporting services for Epicor’s IT Hosting infrastructure. The candidate will be primarily managing VMware, SAN Storage (EMC and 3Par), and support of Windows servers as a secondary responsibility. The individual will provide expertise by taking part in small to moderately complex projects, which involve designing and architecting solutions for SaaS hosted customers. Additionally, the candidate will provide break/fix support and root cause analysis for service disruptions. The individual will create preventative measures and present to management. Requires the ability to present ideas and coordinate projects. Update manager on project activities and status for escalated issues. Assist with determining technical direction associated with Virtualization and Storage technologies.
- SAN design, implementation, management, monitoring, and troubleshooting within the distributed environment.
- SAN/Switch connectivity troubleshooting, switch configuration and zoning.
- Build and manage VMWare servers, clusters, and datacenters.
- Build and manage VMware vSphere servers.
- Assist in building Windows servers and escalations for Windows OS related issues.
- Assist is creating VMWare Backup\Disaster Recovery Management policies and procedures.
- Create and provide monthly system performance and capacity metrics to system administrators.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for implementation tasks.
- Take part in multiple projects with various development and product groups.
- Follow operational policies and procedures for successfully running in a large enterprise environment.
- Clearly document the design, maintenance, and support procedures for routine tasks in order to leverage tier 1 NOC support.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation and off-hours maintenance windows.