Nemours is seeking a Patient Care Technician (Med/Surg) - PRN/7A-7P to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric healthcare systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 280,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children’s Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area’s only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children’s Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Assisting with general activities of the Medical/Surgical unit
- Demonstrating proficiency in the care of patients of all ages; neonates, infants, toddlers, school aged and adolescents.
- Assisting with the provision of family centered care in conjunction with other disciplines.
- Prepares rooms for patient admissions assuring that the room is clean and proper equipment is set up for patient’s needs.
- Ensures an adequate stock of all necessary equipment and supplies in designated areas at established par levels.
- Performs vital signs and reports abnormalities to assigned RN.
- Records intake and output of patients as directed by RN
- Ensures a clean and safe patient care environment.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (bath, feed, play, etc.) and provides other patient care as directed.
- Utilizes the electronic medical record as required for patient care.
- Participates in unit, departmental and hospital education programs
- Transports patients to other unit locations and escorts discharged patients to car.
- Courteously and professionally covers patient care unit front desk as needed for back-up. This includes promptly answering telephones, greeting patients, sending reports, distributing, sorting, or processing mail, entering orders, managing medical record, etc.
- Adheres to the Nemours Standards of Behavior.