As a Software Engineer Lead (Oracle Developer), you will join PNC's Information Technology group, and will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations. Working under broad guidance, your team and area will be responsible for performing application software development for system enhancements potentially across a variety of technology platforms. You will also augment your skills on such projects as system enhancements and operational and technical support for routine and non-complex system functions for our Lines of Business (LOB) service partners.
The successful candidate will join our Asset Management MIS Data and Reporting Strategy Team at our Columbus/Whitehall, OH location as the Lead Oracle Developer / Data Modeler. The following duties are typically expected of the position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Serves as liaison and provides support to the business, ensuring their data and information needs are being met.
2. Assesses business needs, acquires product/process knowledge, evaluates internal customer's technical environment, and influences technical decisions in order to ensure the delivery of the best database/application/business intelligence solution.
3. Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains database conceptual/logical/physical models. Identifies data sources and opportunities for improvements on a proactive basis. Ensures data integrity and referential integrity.
4. Effectively partners with internal teams to align data warehouse design with the overall BI vision.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with 7-10 years related experience
* Possess an expert and thorough understanding of IT concepts including database concepts structures, software/application development techniques and testing techniques
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management and business teams
Preferred technical skills include the following:
* Oracle RDBMS development experience, including SQL and performance tuning strongly preferred
* Any exposure or experience with current Data Modeling tools, principles and best practices
* TOAD and ERwin tool experience
* Proven experience designing, developing, and deploying production database solutions