As an Architect II and a member of PNC's Information Technology group, and based out of either Pittsburgh PA, or Strongsville, OH, you will be part of a diversified financial services firm that reflects the needs, values and goals of our customers, employees, communities and shareholders. You will be instrumental in helping to maintain PNC's reputation for technology excellence in both business applications and new innovations.
Your responsibility will include architecting and modeling the database portion of business intelligence solutions. This includes data analysis and learning source locations and content. Additionally, knowledge of proper data modeling techniques on Oracle and SQL Server platforms will be required. You will be responsible for leading and advising other layers of business intelligence solutions including OBIEE resources and Informatica resources. You will also be responsible for supporting and advising business customers with data analysis and consultancy.
This position combines autonomy with leadership support while you develop plans for system testing that ensure a quality product is presented to PNC Lines of Business (LOB) for acceptance. Through integrity, teamwork and customer focus, you will help reinforce our product-specific goals and concepts to drive value to each LOB. Because PNC not only acquires great talent but also develops them organically, you will work with your manager to augment your skills on such projects as system enhancements and operational and technical support for medium - complex system functions for our LOB service partners.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT-related field (Master's degree preferred)
- 4-5+ years of application development experience, with 5-7+ years of architecture experience
- Extensive understanding of IT and experience with multiple large complex systems and has ability to apply that knowledge at a strategic level influencing technology solutions that match LOB goals and objectives.
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with and make strategic recommendations to Sr. and Executive Management as well as all levels of internal/external service partners
- Proven team building and relationship management are essential
- Leverages available systems, project methodologies and other corporate resources to complete job.
Preferred technical skills include:
* Strong knowledge of Data Modeling and Data Analysis
* Extensive data modeling and data warehousing experience, including dimensional modeling.
* Expert knowledge of Oracle and SQL or related experience
- Familiarity with ETL tools and techniques (e.g. Informatica PowerCenter).
- Familiarity with BI tools and techniques (i.e. OBIEE, BO, Cognos, Microstrategy).
- Understanding of logical and physical modeling.
- Experience leading and coaching IT and business resources.
- Experience with tuning and optimizing techniques.
- Experience with data modeling tools such as ER/Win.
- Familiarity with the Kimball methodology
- Familiarity with repository types like databases and cubes
- Familiarity with Teradata is a plus but not required.