City, State: Nashville,TN
Location: Metro Center
Department: Patient Accounting
Additional Job Details: FT Days
The Coder applies the appropriate diagnostic and procedural code to patient health records for purposes of document retrieval, analysis and claim processing.
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records.
- Assigns the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) or Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes for professional claims.
- Obtains acceptable productivity/quality rates as defined per coding policy.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Keeps abreast of and complies with coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Two (2) years experience with ICD-9 and CPT coding preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
Certified Professional Coder - (CPC) - AAPC
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS-P) or similar coding credential required.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)