State and Local Tax Manager -Sales/Use Tax-Atlanta (6639)ID:
Tax Consulting - State and Local Tax Services
Regular Full-TimeMore information about this opportunity:Company Overview:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.Position Summary:
We are seeking an experienced Sales and Use Tax Manager for Crowe’s Atlanta State and Local Tax Practice Your role will include managing, coordinating and overseeing the State and Local (SALT) Sales and Use Tax work. You will be expected to manage client relationships, multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Manage, direct and monitor multiple client engagements as well as serve as a business advisor to the client.
- Formulate and deliver innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.Qualifications:
- BS in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 5 years Sales and Use Tax experience- preferably in public accounting.
- CPA or JD required.
- Ability to manage and grow strong client relationships.
- Effective writing, communication and tax research skills.
- Advanced degrees or certifications are a plus.
- Proven project and staff management a plus.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to perform in a high-energy, fast paced environment.
- Possess an understanding of sales and use tax, property tax, and credits and incentives is a plus
- Having some review and supervisory experience is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with tax technology a plus.