Truven Health Analytics delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, and pharmaceutical and medical device companies have relied on us for more than 30 years.
This position is for Expert Software Engineer working on development on the Clinical Data Acquisition and Data Integration teams. These teams are responsible for the programs and processes for acquiring, cleansing, homogenizing, and enhancing data and creating the central data warehouse; this data warehouse is used to drive Truven Unify and IDA analytics applications. This position is responsible for the creation and existing maintenance of the platform CDA application including but not limited to: analysis, design and coding of new programs based on business requirements and functionality in support of the Truven Healthcare applications.
- Follow defined system development process
- Responsible for analysis of current programs, including performance tuning and optimization
- Responsible for implementation of software code including unit tests
- Responsible for software sub-system design
- Provide effort estimates for coding and other tasks
- Research and recommend technology selections
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to problems
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Produce well-written technical documentation
- Provide guidance to less-experience staff members in a mentor relationship
- Recommend process improvements of "best practices" across design, construction and test
REQUIRED Skills and Experience
- 5 or more years of progressive experience in software development
- At least 3 years of application development experience in Java, JSON, and Spring
- Thorough understanding of server side programming and web service(SOAP, REST) integration
- Extensive knowledge of cross browser compatibility (IE, FireFox, Chrome and Safari)
- Experience working with web server technologies (Apache, Tomcat, Jetty)
- In-depth knowledge and use of relational databases in application development (Oracle preferred)
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL or equivalent
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Communicates effectively in written and oral form with less experienced staff, peers, other executives and internal or external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities and resources effectively.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
PREFERRED Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Avro, ElasticSearch.
- Familiarity with healthcare applications.
- Familiar with multi-platform development.
- Worked in or familiar with Agile development environments.
- Exposure to or use of continuous delivery tools and processes.
- Familiar with ETL technologies, Data Warehousing, and Decision Support Systems.
Education / Certifications
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Truven Health Analytics delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies have relied on us for more than 30 years. We combine our deep clinical, financial, and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better by collaborating with our customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. With more than 2,000 employees globally, we have major offices in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Chicago; and Denver. Advantage Suite, Micromedex, ActionOI, MarketScan, and 100 Top Hospitals are registered trademarks or trademarks of Truven Health Analytics. For more information, please visit www.truvenhealth.com.
We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Truven Health Analytics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2014 fiscal year (October 1, 2013-September 30, 2014).