In this position you will report to the SVP of Product Management and will be responsible for overseeing P&L and managing a team which handles a significant region of the country. The products are home and auto related insurance for the Kemper Personal & Commercial Lines segment. This position will be based in Jacksonville or one of the other Kemper field offices.
1. Analyzes and evaluates proposals for rate, rule, and form changes for competitiveness, filing support, cost effectiveness, implementation ease, and consistency with other states.
2. Prepares and submits annual unit objectives consistent with Corporate and department objectives, and when approved, controls and monitors progress to ensure objectives are met.
3. Assists with establishing a rate review schedule and monitors the Region Rate Review process to ensure that target dates are met.
4.Selects, trains and develops an effective and efficient staff.
5. Monitors Company, industry, economic and legislative developments and recommends changes in procedures as necessary.
6. Establishes and periodically reviews the basic format for filings with state insurance departments and makes changes as appropriate to expedite approval process.
7. Establishes and monitors procedures and standards for quality control of company and bureau rate and rule changes in rate manuals.
8. Prepares and submits an annual salary budget, and when approved, controls expenses accordingly.