Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency. Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients. We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference. Research and Policy
The Research and Policy team identifies technologies that save energy, develops standardized test procedures for those products, and assists government agencies, companies, and utilities in developing energy efficiency specifications. It also designs programs to accelerate market adoption of the most energy efficient products. Ecova is an ideal work environment for individuals who want to have a decisive impact on climate change, air quality, energy security and other national policy priorities through market-based approaches. The work is diverse, fast-paced, and collaborative, allowing motivated employees to advance rapidly while developing their own skills and capabilities. Facility Energy Consultant Also known as Senior Technical Consultant
Provide technical leadership and authority to the Research & Policy business unit. This position can be located in Portland, OR, San Francisco, CA, or Durango, CO. Role Description
- Provide technical leadership in 2 to 4 technical areas to the Research & Policy (R&P) and energy efficiency teams, clients, industry partners, and potential clients.
- Serves as principle investigator (PI) in at least one research area for R&P.
- Is consulted extensively by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on his/her scientific interpretations and advice.
- Prepare written reports, make presentations to Ecova clients, provide technical guidance on client proposals and RFPs and represent Ecova in public forums.
- Support development of test plans for lab-based and field-based measurements.
- Lead the development of research plans and proposals to support the client’s objectives and goals.
- May assist with business development opportunities.
- Leverage industry contacts to lead a technical team in the development of mechanical or electrical energy efficient prototypes that utilize best-in-class technologies from efficient component suppliers.
- Direct the analysis of component efficiencies in existing products and systems.
- Collaborate with laboratory staff on the development of energy efficiency test procedures that become the foundation of national and international policy.
- Translate technical findings into terms understandable to an educated, but non-technical, audience.
- Lead interactions with manufacturers, utilities, environmental advocates, government officials, and other stakeholders in public policy processes to share the technical outcomes of your research.
- Provide mentoring and training in area of expertise to other team members.
- Create visuals that effectively communicate data and conclusions, write reports detailing specific technical elements that support policy actions, and give highly visual presentations of research findings.
- Share your findings and further ideas both with international colleagues at conferences and meetings as well as with internal Ecova audiences.
- Spearhead Ecova’s thought leadership in areas of technical expertise.
- Provide technical expertise and market analysis to management to enable Ecova’s strategic decision-making.
- Lead the creation of project plans, approach rationale and budgets for technical elements of proposals. May perform additional project management duties.
- Perform related work as required.