UTC Building & Industrial Systems is the world's largest provider of building technologies. Its elevator, escalator, fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. UTC Building & Industrial Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Firmware Engineer will work towards the advancement of innovative technology by developing, debugging, designing, & unit testing embedded firmware products. In this role you will work alongside other world class engineers, focusing on the development and support of our embedded products for UTC Building & Industrial Systems fire alarm product development group.
- Embedded firmware design for life safety systems and components in a challenging global market
- Use of real-time multitasking executives, high level languages, and integrated development environments on proprietary life safety system platforms
- Design life safety products localized to market requirements the world over
- Complete conceptual, architectural, detailed design and test documentation
- Work closely with electronic design engineer on system design and integrate firmware and hardware components of the overall system design
- Develop a life safety system or component from concept and release design to production within short time spans
- Work closely with hardware, software, research, sourcing, manufacturing, marketing, compliance, and quality group members within and outside of project team.
- Design to global regulatory requirements
- Keep abreast of industry changes in engineering processes and disciplines
- Leverage and manage low cost resource options, work with remote teams to ensure consistency, compliance, and project success.
- Help establish and communicate project schedules, resource, and contingency plans
- Participate in a compliance driven culture within the engineering team
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies
- Bring in projects on time, on budget delivery