Technical Analyst will provide a strong link between the business customers and application development teams working with business customers to identify and understand business requirements, conduct impact assessments and recommend solutions that meet the business requirements from an IT systems perspective. The Technical Analyst, will work independently to develop functional and technical specifications, work with development team leads to interpret specifications and ensure process and standards for development are followed, create test cases and perform unit testing. Relying on technical expertise and communication skills, the TA owns all technical scoping aspects of the projects including educating business customers on the solutions to address the business requirements. The TA will work hand-in-hand with the IT, Product Management and other technology units to maintain a strategic relationship with the customers through the software development life cycle and future opportunities.
• Coordinating and executing on validation and delivery of the requirements, functional and technical specifications, design, and testing efforts for development projects.
• Serve as the liaison between the business and the development team.
• Technically scope new opportunities (Is it technically feasible, what is the level of effort?)
• Provide technical credibility to the organization & answer technical questions of the Business
• Analyze data requirements and interfaces of the existing application.
• Assist in the design of user/data interfaces and features.
• Work with Architects/Dev Leads in assuring conformance to enterprise architecture
• Assist with developing assembly, conversion/installation, and system components & documentation for turnover to quality control.
• Effectively communicate status, changes, and issues to the relevant parties and stakeholders.
• Quickly address and /or escalate project issues and support their resolution.
• Any additional duties as assigned by Management.
Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school or equivalent experience and / or training.
Experience / Skill:
3 – 5 years’ experience in the following areas:
• Agile / Scrum methodologies
• Microsoft Office specifically including Database software i.e. Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visual Studio 2010; Team Foundation Server; .NET; Programming Languages VB; C; C++, C# (a plus)
• Basic-Intermediate SQL query experience
• Documentation and Audit
• Business and Technical Writing
• Customer Service skills with excellent written and verbal communication
• Able to write reports and business correspondence and the ability to effectively present the information to management or customers in an interesting and professional manner.
• Must be able to consistently work with all levels and backgrounds in a diverse workforce.
• Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures in a professional and consistent manner.
• Able to apply common sense understanding and use appropriate judgment in routine business situations with supervisors, co-workers, and customers.