Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies with assets of approximately $87 billion. Key companies provide investment management retail and commercial banking consumer finance and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and for certain businesses internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1 576 ATMs; telephone banking centers 800-KEY2YOU® (800-539-2968); and a website Key.com® that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day. ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to mid-sized businesses through a footprint of over 1,000 branches, more than 1,300 ATMs, telephone banking centers, and robust online and mobile capabilities.
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The Small Business Relationship Manager (SBRM) reports to the Branch Manager and is primarily responsible for acquiring new small business clients and expanding relationships with existing small business clients. Focuses on developing a comprehensive understanding of small business client financial needs. Actively engages in business development needs to effectively identify Centers of Influence (COI) to source the acquisition of profitable relationships Refers and partners with appropriate sales professionals in all lines of business including, but not limited to Business Banking Private Banking, Cash Management, Merchant Services, Middle Market, Foreign Exchange , Investment Services, and Mortgage Maintains an awareness of the competitive landscape and leverages that knowledge to better serve the clients. Assists branch team to achieve consumer goals by cross-selling consumer products to deepen relationship with small business owners and employees. Meets or exceeds established sales, cross-sell and referral goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The role of the SBRM is to service and grow existing client relationships, while acquiring new profitable client relationships. Utilizing the process of profiling, a SBRM must find solutions that meet the financial needs of the clients The SBRM will be responsible for functions that align with the Key Sales Process and Consultative Sales Process Framework (Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment, and Follow Up) in daily work to create a positive Client Experience. This includes:
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitive products and services
- Calls Book of Business and system generated leads identified in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to prospect for cross sell and retention; documenting activities by updating the electronic profile
- Expands book of business through a disciplined approach to prospecting and client retention
- SBRM should spend the majority of their time acquiring, retaining, and deepening small business relationships
- Leverages business acumen to create specific consultative value to clients and referral sources that is a competitive advantage in the market
- Develops new and expands existing client relationships by participating in business development activities, proactively reviewing clients’ current and changing financial needs, and promoting KeyBank products and services
- Delivers distinctive client experience through a complete understanding of the client needs by asking open ended and probing questions, using active listening skills and focused conversation
- Completes and maintains electronic client profiles using the Client Experience (CE) Desktop
- Actively develops a comprehensive understanding of client needs by using Key’s CRM system to gather and document client data and assess their financial needs
- Collaborates with business partners by making referrals and conducting joint calls to deepen the client relationship.
- Promotes and cross-sells products and services to clients by informing clients of products, services, special promotions, and provides appropriate financial solutions
- Actively listens to concerns, presents a clear concise picture and provides the client with a tailored solution to close the sale
- Effectively partners with centralized credit center to complete accurate submissions, proper restructures of submissions, appeal opportunities and manage continuous improvement of overall process
- Accurately completes new account documentation and system input according to Key’s policies and procedures
- Ensures that new customer relationships consistently meet all compliance requirements
- Ensures ongoing contact with new clients to enhance client’s initial experience with Key
- Maintains and calls on a small business client book of business to deepen relationships
- Actively participates in branch team meetings
- Mentors other branch employees, as requested by the Branch Manager
- May require automobile travel to meet with clients at various off-site locations
- High School Diploma or equivalent business related experience
Note: Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act).
- Minimum of two years experience in financial services to include developing current and new customer relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources
- Proficiency in sales and service techniques with consumers and small businesses, including tele-consulting, outside calling, prospecting and networking
- Demonstrated ability to leverage internal and external referral source to further promote KeyBank business
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to work within a team environment
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business or commercial lending including: Balance Sheet analysis, Income Statement Analysis, Cash Flows Analysis, Collateral Analysis, and Leverage Analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of consumer credit including Loan to Value ratios, Debt to Income ratios, and Credit Report Analysis
- Ability to leverage internal relationships with business partners resulting in successful new business development
- Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office Products including Word, Excel, etc)
- Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
- Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled