Senior Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager
Tetra Tech Inc.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, engineering, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients' needs. With more than 14,000 employees worldwide, 350 offices worldwide and $2.6 Billion in revenue in 2013, Tetra Tech’s capabilities span the entire project cycle. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This position provides technical support within the Tetra Tech Engineering Services Group in Pittsburgh, PA. Primary activities will be to provide support for oil and gas projects with public and private clients. However, the candidate may be requested to support other projects/programs such as industrial design projects within the coke, steel and chemical industries that are also managed and supported within this business group and the Pittsburgh office.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
• Provide support to on-going and new projects related to natural gas pipeline, gas conditioning and compressor station projects. Knowledge of water pipeline design a plus but not necessary.
• Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates detailed phase of technical work as part of a major project or in a total project of complex scope. Must be able to function with little direction to meet project goals. Must be able to take conceptual direction for project tasks and develop detail plans to complete task.
• Prepare project proposals and change orders.
• Successfully complete projects in accordance with purchase order requirements and budget.
• Provide direction to project staff personnel to complete project tasks and also mentor junior level technical support personnel.
• Interface with Client Project Managers, government regulators, other contractors and other representatives.
• Participate in technical conferences and shows.
• Prepare business development materials for inclusion in proposals and marketing to current or new clients.
• Oversee and manage the project and proposal work with assigned junior level project personnel including engineers and CAD personnel.
• Make business development calls to prospective clients.