This is a Work-From-Home
Work from Virtually Anywhere in the USA!!
Computer and Internet Fee Stipend Provided
Full-Time and Part-Time with Benefits
Quarterly Bonus Potential
Hours are Flexible & Guaranteed
This is not a Contract or Travel Required Position
30-Hours Paid Education Annually
Do you have hospital outpatient coding experience? Have you coded Emergency Department and/or Clinical Records? If yes, then don't wait- apply today! We utilize cutting edge technology that empowers HIM staff with the tools necessary to excel in the complex world of medical coding.
Join an organization that will allow you to make the most of your talents! Our strength is our people who operate with a "Patients First" philosophy. We offer a broad range of benefits, opportunity and believe in "Growing Our Own" for those candidates that have a desire to grow within the organization!
To learn more about Parallon visit our Website at: www.parallon.com
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Reviews hospital outpatient medical record documentation to select and sequence the appropriate ICD-9-CM, HCPCS procedure codes, and ICD-10-CM as applicable to transition to ICD-10.
- Applies all appropriate coding guidelines and criteria for code selections.
- Performs coding for multiple hospitals.
- Adheres to Company and HSC Coding Compliance policies and procedures for the assignment of complete, accurate, timely, and consistent codes for diagnoses and procedures.
• Using ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and/or HCPCS/CPT, as applicable, codes the following patient types:
- Emergency room (ED),
- Recurring (RCR) excluding Wound Care, and
- Clinical (CLI) records.
• Where applicable, assigns the ED E/M levels, and enters charges for ED, OB ED and/or observation (OBV) infusions and/or injections
• Assigns procedure categories and modifiers
• Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards
• Maintains or exceeds established coding accuracy
• Reviews all official data quality standards, coding guidelines, Company policies and procedures, and clinical/medical resources to assure coding knowledge and skills remain current
• Meets all educational requirements as stated in current Company and HSC policies
• Utilizes the complete medical record documentation in code assignment
• Follows all applicable coding guidance in assigning and sequencing codes
• Initiates physician queries in compliance with Company and HSC policy when appropriate
• Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned