The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
U Pull & Pay (a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ) has exciting opportunities available as Assistant Managers for our locations nationwide.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting with overall facility operations to include: managing team members in a collaborative and safe environment, enforcing the company's safety & environmental programs, hiring, developing and coaching staff, promoting customer service initiatives, assisting with the procurement of facility inventory and meeting sales goals. The ideal Assistant Manager will be a self-motivated, team player who fosters the development of team members while excelling in a fast-paced environment.
1. Effectively manage team members, including coaching, developing, administering discipline, etc.
2. Ensure company safety focus is maintained and facilitate weekly staff meetings.
3. Maintain appearance of the facility.
4. Accurately complete paperwork associated with cash receipts and prices and conduct physical inventories.
5. Meet assigned sales performance and profitability criteria.
6. Ensure customer satisfaction by incorporating the customer's view when making decisions.
7. Develop and maintain relationships with multiple levels of customers and suppliers-retail customers, wholesale customers and vehicle suppliers.
8. Establish and monitor work schedule of retail and production employees.
9. Responsible for all functions of the retail store to include sales, customer service, inventory, hiring and training.
10. Assumes responsibility of total store operation when acting as manager on duty.
1. Minimum 3 years of experience in a management role preferably, in a retail/industrial setting.
2. Bachelor's degree in business discipline or equivalent related business experience.
3. Demonstrates a concern for the needs and expectations of customers; focuses efforts on identifying and meeting the customer's needs.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
5. Proven ability to motivate and lead team members.
6. Experience working with P&L statements.
7. Excels at working in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
8. Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
9. Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
10. Spanish language skills a plus.
11. Automotive/Parts Knowledge a plus.
12. Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
We offer competitive wages, paid training, paid holidays & comprehensive benefits package including 401k, medical, dental and life insurance.
U Pull & Pay is an EEO/AA employer who encourages females, minorities, veterans, and disabled to apply.