Digital Experience Product Manager Lead
Primary Purpose of the Job:
Lead initiatives that create world class digital shopping, buying and servicing experiences. Participates in setting the strategic direction of parts of PNC's overall digital experiences while leading large projects and helping to train other Experience associates on the nuisances of experience creation. Leads the conversation with all other parts of the organization (Product, distribution, call center etc.) to understand their strategies and desired outcomes and then translate those into winning digital products and experiences. Manages the most complex projects through completion and insure adoption and understanding of strategy and execution by other channels. Leverages creative, analytical, communication and problem solving skills to enhance PNC's digital offerings. PNC's commitment to leadership in online and mobile banking means you will always be at the leading edge of technology and evolving business modules.
1) Experience Development and Enhancement ' Lead the most complex new experience development and experience enhancements to establish or maintain strategic competitive position and attain financial and customer adoption objectives. Assist Digital Experience Group Managers as directed. Work with the distribution and product organizations as well as technology and operations to ensure alignment. Using market research data, competitive analysis, customer feedback, operations feedback, vendor data and other sources, the incumbent works with Experience Managers to create the business justification, obtains funding, management approval, risk/legal approval and coordinates the necessary technical and operational resources. Can involve assistance with RFP and vendor selection process. Experience development and enhancement is a crucial function for driving forward the strategic roadmap products and segments. This should result in increase customer sales, adoption and satisfaction
2) Product Management ' Leads the most complex experience enhancements or support Lead Experience/Product Managers on large-scale experience development projects in the Digital Experience team. Ensures alignment with the technology, distribution, back office and servicing teams. Assess business risks on a regular basis. Participate in risk management-related initiatives. Good project management is crucial is creating high quality deliverables that are delivered on time, on budget and with alignment and understanding across technology, distribution, back office and servicing teams.
3) Competitive and Industry Analysis ' Continuously survey and analyze competitive positioning, industry landscape, emerging technologies and customer demand. Keep abreast of industry benchmarks and relevant metrics. Ensure that the Digital Experience team is highly competitive for shopping and buying as well as for servicing /money movement. Monitor third party research, industry periodicals and internal competitive research. Develop and document internal position relative to competition and industry findings. Supplement third party research with the most complex independent studies. Competitive and industry analysis helps drive strategic roadmaps and anticipate customer demand. Awareness of what others are doing and where they are headed will ensure that we make smarter decisions and position PNC as a leader in the digital space.
4) Product Strategy '
Partners with Experience Group Managers with the development of holistic strategies that position PNC as the leading provider of online products and services to targeted segments. Develop a clear customer value proposition and own an experience roadmap that supports it as well as considers emerging technologies and the competitive landscape. These plans support PNC's positioning, market share, sales, customer satisfaction, customer adoption and profit objectives. Understand PNC strategies (e.g., by product, by segment) and ensure online activities are appropriately aligned. Develop relationships with, and regularly engage, the offline distribution and product organizations as well as technology and operation. Coordinate plans with various PNC teams (marketing, product management, distribution, etc.) to align key strategies and priorities. Develop business cases.
Product Strategy work is done to create product and segment roadmaps in order to support PNC's positioning, market share, sales, customer satisfaction, customer adoption and profit objectives
5) Vendor Management ' Assist with the management of vendor relationships. Understand vendor technology roadmaps and product plans. Leverage vendor relationships across PNC. Meet regularly with critical vendors to ensure appropriate service levels are being met at the appropriate cost and quality. Manage and measure contractual commitments. Understand vendor relationships in the overall PNC context for leverage, service, etc. Identify high-importance vendors to ensure that they comply with PNC guidelines.
Efficient and productive vendor relationships are critical to the online space as third party technology is often the least expensive and most expeditious path to market.
* Bachelor - E-Business related field required, Industrial design, Interaction/Service/Web design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), information architecture, Business/Process innovation or equivalent fields.
* A minimum of 7+ years of related experience.
* Demonstrated project work in degree related field: Web content development Primary Research, Experience design, Prototype development, Information architecture, Project leadership.
Skills and Abilities
* Project management
* Technology savvy
* Business and marketing acumen
* Strategic thinking
* Ability to learn quickly
* Communication skills ' written and oral
* Interpersonal skills ' all levels and parts of the organization
* Innovation/Negotiation skills
* Problem Solving
* Dealing with ambiguity
* Priority setting
This position may be located in Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH.