As an Operations Director, you are a member of PNC's Lending Services (LS) organization (both Corporate & Investment Banking (C&IB) and Retail: originations, servicing and default) of more than 3,700 professionals. You will be based in Pittsburgh, PA. The RCQ Director, managing a team of ~50 professionals, has the strategic, oversight and testing responsibility for LS' Compliance, Operational risk, Business Continuity, and Quality. The group provides strategic support across LS and helps its business partners identify and creatively solve complex problems and improve its risk management capabilities.
This position reports to the Lending Services Performance Management Executive.
The RCQ Directors is the lead on compliance, quality and risk management for LS. As well the scope of the RCQ director's responsibilities includes directly supporting the LOBs: C&IB and Retail as appropriate.
As the manager lead your teams in:
¢ Testing: Responsible for Quality Control (QC) and other operational governance & oversight testing of all LS operations. Working in coordination with the Operating Group (OG) leadership and their Quality Assurance (QA) teams to deliver a full review of quality, especially related to compliance type issues.
o Lead the design, scope and administration of a comprehensive quality assurance testing plan.
o Recruit and develop high quality testing teams, leading all performance management, development, and succession planning processes for staff.
o Supervise and direct special projects or requests for adhoc testing initiatives made by internal client and corporate support partners like Compliance and Legal.
o Oversee and monitor the execution of all testing programs, ensuring that they are executed in an efficient and effective manner. Programs will test operating processes for compliance with sound internal control standards, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
¢ Compliance oversight: Provide end to end oversight of compliance, risk and quality within LS, while supporting related LOB needs as well. Manage/ coordinate all MRA, audit and other regulatory compliance responses within LS, working with the respective process owner to deliver on time resolution.
o Oversee the coordination of all internal audits and reviews, including those performed by Corporate Audit, Compliance and Credit Risk Management.
¢ Operational risk: Provide executive support and perspective in relation to operational risk to include 1st, 2nd and 3rd line of defense support.
¢ Quality: Act as the quality champion for LS, working with the OG leads as well as the LS process, procedures, Enterprise risk and other bank functions to ensure quality production and operations.
o Identify and drive process improvements within the team approaches and methodologies to improve overall quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
¢ Business continuity: Lead and coordinate LS business continuity, operational risk mitigation and business resiliency efforts.
Your role will require you to travel ~15-20%.
Required Technical Skills:
* Demonstrated success in managing compliance testing efforts
* In depth knowledge of various banking regulations and related operational compliance approaches
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise good judgment
* Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
* Core written and verbal communications skills related to 360° communications needs
* Working knowledge of technology and business process solutions
* Comprehensive capabilities in leading quality management within a matrixed organization
* Demonstrated ability to convert the abstract into coherent, practical solutions
Required Leadership Skills:
* Proven ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization, including senior executives
* Exhibit strong leadership qualities and the ability to build, manage, and foster a team-oriented environment; including managing cross functional teams, and mentoring & coaching
* Proven ability to define unstructured business issues, develop recommendations and drive decisions
* Outstanding communication (written and oral), interpersonal and presentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to develop and foster working relationships across the company
* Must have keen ability to establish a vision and shape strategy.
* Must have demonstrated experience interacting with regulatory agencies and legal and compliance entities.
* In addition to excellent mature verbal and written communication skills, must have high impact presentation delivery skills and mature confidence to express independent thoughts diplomatically in sensitive situations.
* Must be able to influence outcomes in uncertain situations and to exercise caution in use of confidential or legally protected information.
* Must be a seasoned leader with experience building and growing high performing teams.
* Minimum of 10 years of internal/external consulting and management experience focusing on a combination of compliance oversight, testing, quality, operational risk, and business continuity initiatives in the financial services industry. Typically 10-15 years of prior management experience required
* Minimum of 8 years of experience supporting risk, quality and or compliance operations at a financial services firm
* Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred but not required. MBA or equivalent advanced degree is highly preferred
* Six Sigma or equivalent improvement recognition is desirable
* Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Professional Project Manager, Lean or Six Sigma certification helpful