Data Warehouse Architects—are you looking for a dynamic company where you can have a significant impact? Join our team at Dex Media! We are a leading provider of marketing solutions, partnering with over 580,000 small and medium-sized businesses to help them to gain more customers and more sales. As we continue to grow, we are seeking an experienced and talented Data Warehouse Architect to spearhead our efforts to update and unify our data management systems.
This is a great opportunity for you to have a high-visibility impact on our business. You will serve as a technical lead in re-engineering an enterprise data warehouse in order to meet our current and future growth needs. At the same time, it is important that you serve not just as a subject matter expert, but also as a strong advocate for the data warehousing strategies that will be best suited for moving our business forward.
We offer excellent salary and benefits, outstanding career and growth opportunities, and the chance to work in a unique environment with talented and diverse people. If you are ready to make your mark and build a rewarding career in an exciting and high-energy workplace, and if you have the qualifications we need (particularly a background in multiple BI and data architecture technologies), we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Data Warehouse Architect, you will serve as the technical manager in designing and defining a unified enterprise data warehouse with conformed dimensions and following best practices (including Kimball.) You will develop the overall architecture and oversee the architecture of aggregation, metrics, and data retention mechanisms. This is primarily a technology management role, although you will do some mentoring of junior team members.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Designing and supporting the implementation of a world-class log ingestion process to feed the EDW and other Big Data efforts
- Serving as subject matter expert for all data in the warehouse and guiding the team/enterprise in best practices for data governance
- Serving as an active advocate for presenting data and analytics to the organization
- Leading key development efforts, overseeing others, as well as contributing hands-on development support
- Actively working with other Software Architects to ensure that needed cross-system integrations are properly engineered and implemented
- Working with Business Analysts and Data Scientists to anticipate and support research and data needs with a focus on empowered self-service to these key constituents
- Serving as a Business Intelligence evangelist for BI – protecting, supporting, exposing, and sharing with others in order to get more usage and value of the data and to help others turn it into knowledge and insight
- Serving as the resident expert on Dex Media BI and supporting leadership with due diligence/acquisition support from data integration aspects
- Cross-training other BI team members and grooming them with projects and mentoring in order to build the depth and expertise of the team
- Creating and presenting relevant BI topics/issues to senior leaders
- Representing DexMedia with presentations, as needed, to industry/peer groups on BI/DW topics