The Supply Planning Manager is responsible for all aspects of supply and inventory planning and execution, ensuring desired service, inventory, capacity, and total delivered cost targets are achieved. Manages direct material purchases order (POs) from creation to delivery.
These activities include incorporating the best available inputs to maintain production, capacity, and inventory settings and policies by SKU/location in the planning and ERP systems, applying sound business knowledge and judgment, and facilitating robust cross-functional discussions to develop high-quality plans to also be used by the sourcing, logistics and finance functions
Manage and oversee supply and inventory planning and execution processes
- Develop and execute high-quality supply plans (inventory, production, capacity, and distribution) by utilizing best-practice processes and sound business judgment
- Manage phase in/out strategies for promotional activities and product discontinuations.
- Assist in the development and execution of the global inventory strategy and plan in support of both business and giving requirements, including setting inventory targets and working with Finance to establish working capital requirements. Execute the inventory strategy to achieve the expected inventory levels.
- Support the management of off-price channel opportunities for increasing revenue and selling thru excess/obsolete inventory
- Lead the development and execution of detailed production planning (master scheduling)with key supply partners and collaborate on MRP requirements
- Support supplier ramp-up/ramp-down, including ensuring weekly PO planning meetings are established, providing leadership for development of initial capacity model, and manage supply during critical operating periods.
- Evaluate Sales, Giving and Marketing activity proposals for capacity requirements and production feasibility; resolve supply issues related to the requests
Manage direct material purchase orders (POs) from creation to delivery at end location
- Develop and execute high-quality PO plans by utilizing best-practice processes and sound business judgment
- Execute the PO plan and manage POs from creation to delivery, ensuring delivered cost and service levels are achieved (including managing changes to POs)
- Work with Sales Operations and Logistics to support customer orders that ship direct from source locations
- Manage supply cadence portion of the Giving, Sales and Operations Planning (GS&OP) process.
- Develop reports and analysis that provide insight to PO status and improvement opportunities
Support Supply Chain department operating plan and budget
- Support the business and giving budget process by developing PO plans and inventory targets for each fiscal year. Coordinate with other functions (such as Logistics) to build consistent assumptions for their budget development.
- Leverage the supply chain planning processes to develop Fiscal Year forecasts during the business planning cycles
Manage and Improve Supply and Inventory Planning performance
- Working closely with key stakeholders, manage supply and inventory planning performance, quality and resulting total costs. Collaboratively establish, monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs.
- Work with Sourcing and Logistics leadership to manage relationships and processes with suppliers to drive more efficient production and logistics, shorten lead-times and reduce total delivered costs.
- Deliver against annual total delivered cost, inventory plans, capacity plans, and service level targets
- Develop and implement strategy for improving key performance indicators; plan, develop and manage corresponding improvement plans
- Foster cross-functional discussion to improve the quality and interpretation of supply plans
- Improve planning capabilities through recommendations of system (i.e. SmartOps, Reporting) enhancements.
- Conduct regular continuous improvement and process effectiveness/efficiency reviews.
Support development of the global Supply Chain Planning team and processes
- Assist in coaching and training global materials management talent, both on an individual and team basis
- Develop and deploy Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that are integrated with internal and external stakeholders, including other departments, suppliers and customers
- Establish and conduct daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly performance management of supply chain and inventory planning operations
- Build and maintain a positive, collaborative relationship between the supply chain planning department and other areas of TOMS and TOMS’s external partners and customers
- All other duties as assigned
- Develop ad hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Communicate service issues and coordinate resolution
- Advanced knowledge in DRP, Production Planning (Master Scheduling), MRP, Inventory Management and S&OP
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Excellent facilitation and issue resolution skills; ability to drive consensus
- Ability to independently develop and advocate a point of view
- Ability to implement and sustain process changes
- Ability to thrive and provide direction in ambiguous situations
- Ability to interpret and adjust to situations that involve conflicting goals
- Ability to effectively prioritize work
- Strong business, leadership, planning and organizing skills; including the ability to provide innovative, strategic ideas to management, communicate value, gain approval and implement effectively
- Exceptional ability to work independently and effectively manage employees in a multi-layer, globally disbursed function.
- Able to mentor and grow talent, including delivering effective performance management messages to subordinates.
- Excellent communication, analytical and project management skills required.
- Ability to participate as a team-member as well as leader in a fast paced, global. team oriented environment.
- Use sound judgment in decision making with results driven orientation.
- Experience with high-volume Retail / CPG supply chains
- Experience with SAP and other advanced planning applications like Manugistics, JDA, Demantra, i2, SmartOPs, etc
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in supply chain planning with a minimum of 15 years in a management role
- B.A./B.S. in business or technical area required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Expect approximately 20% travel
TOMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer