McGladrey is looking for a Tax Manager to join our expanding SALT practice.
This role provides an opportunity to join a high-performing SALT practice of individuals within our East Region and the ideal candidate with income franchise tax, credits and incentives or sales and use tax credentials will be asked to help build our SALT practice.
In your important role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Delivery of profitable SALT services to our clients that appropriately utilize firm and client resources
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value
- Manage tax assignments and related projects
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client
- Supervise, mentor and develop staff members
- Review work papers and tax returns
- Review tax provisions on audit and review engagements
- Research and resolve technical issues
- Participate in the billing and collection process
- Develop specialized SALT knowledge as a firm expert within the Manufacturing, Wholesale and Distribution, Government Contractor, and Construction/Real Estate industries
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing technical specialty or expertise to clients