ASM is a growing company in the dynamic semiconductor industry. ASM America's corporate office is located in Phoenix, AZ. Our Global Training Center is also located in Phoenix, AZ. We offer competitive pay and a competitive benefits package. Our benefits package offers health insurance, dental insurance, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, educational assistance, fitness reimbursement and 401(k) with employer match.
ASM is a public company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange. Symbol: ASMI.
ASM America is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Phoenix, AZ office. The primary functions of the position are:
Delivering software that has immediate, tangible results visible in the operation of semiconductor processing equipment hardware. The hardware includes robotics, gas valves, temperature controllers and other hardware. The engineer will work with other software engineers, engineers from other departments, and other ASM personnel. He will be required to use his experience and judgment to provide software system engineering solutions. The engineer will work independently or as a team member on software development efforts. The senior software engineer may act as a mentor for newly hired software engineers.
- Design, develop and troubleshoot computer software, including embedded software for control systems.
- Author, revise, and review system specifications, software designs, test plans, and other software documentation.
- Investigate both internal and external inquiries, questions and problem reports. Offer problem analysis, solutions, or alternatives as a result of these investigations.
- Evaluate software engineering tools.
- Participate in system design teams.
- Assist marketing with information which will allow them to prepare quotes to customers and marketing specifications.
- Travel to customer sites to support installations, training, and trouble shooting of ASM products.
- Develop schedules for software development efforts.
- Provide engineering solutions to resolve all software issues
- Provide general software department support:
- Evaluating new software and hardware tools for possible department use
- Author and review policies, procedures and work instructions
BS degree in Computer Science with a minor in engineering, science or mathematics and 7 years of experience is preferred. An MS degree in Computer science and 4 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree in engineering along with either a minor or equivalent in Computer Science and experience 4 years experience is required.
Five years of experience developing the following types of software:
- Developing for Windows and Windows Embedded Operating Systems
- Machine Control Systems
- Experience in the following application areas is a plus:
- Multi-threaded applications, real-time software, device drivers or other interrupt driven software
- Graphical User Interfaces
- Semiconductor Factory Automation
- Data Communications and Networking
(An equivalent combination of education and experience where a comparable amount of knowledge, skills and ability has been achieved.)
- Proficiency in c/C++
- Knowledge of programming tools such as text editors, debuggers, application builders and configuration management tools.
- Ability to read code and understand the functionality implemented and the ability to translate the functionality into another piece of software
- Ability to understand the system ‘big picture’ and how new functionality fits into that system
- Excellent communication skills to discuss with engineering groups to determine the true software requirements
- Comprehend software documentation including specification and design documents, communication interface specific and API descriptions
- Knowledge of Semiconductor standards is preferred
- Knowledge of Delphi (Pascal) an advantage