Responsible for exercising administrative responsibility, accountability and authority for the day-to day management and operation of KentuckyOne Health Medical Group (Louisville). Ensures that the KentuckyOne Health Medical Group has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. Develops and maintains this infrastructure of administrative operating system among clinics so that the KentuckyOne Health Medical Group delivers high-quality, cost-effective healthcare. Reports to the KentuckyOne Health Medical Group’s President. Works collaboratively with the VP Finance to build budgets and financial reporting systems to ensure adequate working capital; ROI look backs; and long-range financial planning for the enterprise.
1. Recommends sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care or services.
2. Coordinates and integrates inter- and intra-departmental services.
3. Develops implements and updates policies and procedures.
4. Determines qualifications and competence of department personnel.
5. Assures continuous assessment and improvement of quality of care or service provided by department.
6. Assures orientation and continuing education provided to all department personnel.
7. Recommends space and other resources needed by department.
8. Participates in selection of sources for needed services not provided by department or organization.
9. Develops and implements action plan in response to departmental results of climate assessment survey.
10. Develops behavioral based interview tools for each department role and uses the tool as part of the interview process.
11. Utilizes Associates in a peer interview process when filling vacant positions.
12. Is accountable for and demonstrates leadership/management of the services in the department including compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and accrediting bodies.
13. Is accountable and demonstrates leadership/management of the department’s financial resources.
14. Is accountable and demonstrates leadership/management of the department’s People.
15. Is accountable for creating annual departmental unit goals related to growth.
16. Creates a culture that promotes clinical patient safety. Participates in achieving and maintain National Patient Safety Goals. Monitors clinical patient safety as a department/unit-based level. Participates in clinical patient safety rounds. Conducts patient safety rounds.
17. Demonstrates Patient Safety
18. COO will work collaboratively with the C/E Market COO to achieve the Vision of the Medical Group across the Commonwealth.
19. Other job specifications.