Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson and a global leader in protecting and optimizing critical infrastructure, is currently seeking a Safety Manager for its Liebert thermal management business in Columbus, OH.
The Safety Manager is responsible for the Precision Cooling Unit, including all plants under the Business Unit. Accountable for developing, directing and assisting plant management with implementing Environmental and Safety programs that raise associates’ awareness of risks and risk control strategies. Also responsible for reducing, eliminating, and protecting associates from hazards in the workplace that may result in occupational injuries, illnesses, and financial losses, as well as verifying all plant operations comply with all federal, state, local and corporate laws, regulations, policies and procedures. The Safety Manager also participates on teams that minimize the impact of our manufacturing operations on the environment.
- Identify safety and environmental hazards inherent in our operations and establish guidelines and assist plant management with implementing procedures to protect associates and the environment from those hazards.
- Investigate and establish standards for personal protective equipment.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to exposure factors concerning occupational illnesses and accidents and prepares reports.
- Review safety and environmental programs for compliance with company standards and government regulations.
- Develops accident prevention and loss-control systems and programs for incorporation into operational policies.
- Develop and implement environmental programs to assure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations and in support of company environmental guidelines including but not limited to air permitting, hazardous and non-hazardous waste collection and disposal, NPDES and storm water management.
- Manage and coordinate safety activities to ensure implementation of best practice safety activities throughout Business Unit.
- Monitor programs/reports for trends and take appropriate action to alert management.
- Provide technical input to teams and recommend future environmental and safety preventative actions including alternative methods or equipment to eliminate potential problem areas.
- Create, administer, and conduct safety and environmental training to support established programs.
- Develop, track, analyze, and communicate safety statistics and plant environmental reporting and statistics including but not limited to hazardous waste generator status, Title V air emissions, SARA 312 and 313 usage and reporting requirements, etc. Submit all required safety and environmental reports on time and accurately as required by laws and regulations.
- Coordinate involvement with regulatory inspections and audits.
- Devises methods to evaluate safety program and conducts or directs evaluations.
- Advise plant management of any upcoming environmental and safety legislation that will effect the operations of the plant. Evaluates technical and scientific publications concerned with safety management to update knowledge of safety program developments.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Environmental, Safety, Engineering or related field.
- At least 7 years experience in Environmental and Safety technical capacity
- Experience including program development and implementation.
Emerson Network Power, a business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), delivers software, hardware and services that maximize availability, capacity and efficiency for data centers, healthcare and industrial facilities. At Emerson Network Power, we’ve built our capabilities on delivering reliable power, precision cooling, connectivity and embedded solutions that assure Business-Critical Continuity™ for your technology investments. Supported by a global network spread over 150 countries, backed by local service and support from more than 2,000 certified professionals, we are uniquely positioned to provide systems and integrated solutions wherever our customers are located. See www.emersonnetworkpower.com
for Company information.
Why work with Emerson Network Power?
If you have talent, knowledge and experience — and want to work at a company that will value your abilities — it's time to learn more about what Emerson has to offer.
Emerson’s proven management model and track record of growth have extended the company’s legacy through the years with an ongoing commitment to invest in new technologies. For businesses around the world, the Emerson brand stands for the ability to get big things done, through global engineering, technology, industry expertise and customer focus. Whatever their challenge, they know that with Emerson by their side, they can 'Consider It Solved.'
to discover Emerson.
No calls or agencies please. The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, disability or protected Veteran status.