TriStar Summit Medical Center - Hermitage, TNLactation Consultant (RN) - PRN
TriStar Summit, part of HCA's TriStar Health, is a 188-bed facility accredited by The Joint Commission. Serving the residents of Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties since 1994, TriStar Summit has built a strong reputation for providing quality patient care in a friendly and compassionate setting. TriStar Summit offers a full range of services including emergency, medical, surgical, obstetric, oncology, psychiatric and diagnostic services. With our exceptional medical staff of more than 300 board certified physicians representing 36 specialties, we are committed to being your center of excellence for quality, community-based healthcare.
TriStar Summit Medical Center's new Lactation Boutique
, called Best Beginnings, provides a team of professionals dedicated to promoting, educating and encouraging the breastfeeding family. We provide breastfeeding support services from nurses who are International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC). These supportive services are available both before and after the baby is born, as well as throughout the breastfeeding experience.TriStar Summit Medical Center
is currently looking for a Lactation Consultant (RN) - PRN.Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the facility's Standards of Performance, ISERVE values, and Patient Promise.
- Assesses, monitors, records, reports, and follows through on symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Creates and maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and modify the plan of care, as indicated by the patient's responses and conditions.
- Delegates nursing tasks as appropriate and safe, but retains accountability for patient care
- Provides individualized education for the patient, family, and or caregiver throughout the continuum of care.
- Adheres to standards of safety and infection control, in the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and complies with all policies and procedures related to the performance of job duties
- RN licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- BLS from the American Heart Association.
- IBCLC required
- NRP required within 6 months of hire
- STABLE required within 1 year
Please feel free to email your resume
or questions to our Recruitment Team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
and by phone at 615-316-3558
or you can learn more about TriStar Summit Medical Center and apply
for this position by visiting our website at www.TriStarSummit.com.Now is your chance to be part of the TriStar Summit Team!