Part-Time Benefit Enroller Specialist – English and/or Bilingual
Total Benefit Communications, LLC, an Ascensus company, specializes in employee benefits communication and education services. We deliver high-quality enrollment services to ensure that each event is conducted according to client specifications.
Do you have experience in explaining benefits or as an enroller? English and/or Bilingual Benefit Educators are needed to conduct employee meetings and benefit fairs in Albuquerque, NewMexico and the surrounding areas. Enrollers for these projects should have experience in group health insurance, employee benefits, and/or 401k retirement /financial background, in order to explain benefit plans to groups of employees. Individuals with a state issued Health license may also be eligible for training to conduct Medicare meetings for our client. The Benefit educator position is a part-time job with short-term temporary assignments which provide supplemental income. The assignments are on an as needed basis. This position does not provide a steady stream of income. All positions are 1099. You must have availability in the 4th quarter of the year to be eligible for the group health benefit enroller position. 401k Retirement meetings are not specific to the 4th quarter.
Comfortable speaking in front of strangers, knowledge of employee benefits, strong interpersonal skills, responsible and reliable with integrity and self-confidence are crucial. Adaptability, a good sense of humor and a desire to help others are helpful. The ability to work in a fast, paced changing environment, to travel up to 200 miles and able to problem solve independently are essential. A flexible schedule and the freedom to accept assignments with little notice, particularly in the fall, are critical.
Live in another area? Our needs are constantly changing so please send your resume today.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Remain knowledgeable of the industry and recent updates/legislation/changes
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with employer and client contacts
- Arrive at scheduled work site in accordance with departmental policy
- Educate potential members on all aspects of the plan(s) including answering questions regarding the plan’s features and benefits
- Assist current members with issue resolution and re-enrollment (as applicable)
- Complete paperwork and expense report post-event in a timely manner
- Successfully complete our clients’ pre and post hiring training and examinations