Program Manager / IT Director
Director of Professional Services & Customer Success
Reporting to the co-founder and CEO, the Director of Professional Services & Customer Success will be responsible for providing excellence in project management, execution, and delivery of projects on an ongoing basis. Key responsibilities include leading and managing the implementation team, all project management, managing/interacting with executives at customers locations, serving as the account/relationship management function, partnering with Sales on new client engagements and pursuits, building deep relationships with existing client executives and recommending new products/updates/projects to existing customers.
The Director of Professional Services will be empowered to drive our client implementations with the goal of both maximizing the efficient use of internal resources and ultimate client satisfaction.
The right candidate must have strong technical skills, and understand how to balance customer needs and expectations. He/she must proficiently demonstrate their technical skills and be able to clearly articulate client needs internally, and represent the company externally. He/she will be responsible for successfully staying on schedule with multiple concurrent, integration projects while maintaining a high customer satisfaction rating.
We are looking not only for a strategic, innovative thinker, but someone who has proven they can execute, with outstanding leadership, technical and communication skills.
- Manage the day-to-day operations by setting priorities, establishing goals, and assisting in the development and implementation of internal policies and procedures
- Manages all ongoing customer relationships and implementations
- Direct, manage, develop, coach, counsel and mentor a team of technical professionals, including project managers
- Clearly articulate client needs internally, and represent the company professionally externally, including in front of C-Level customer executives
- Minimize schedule and installation risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively and aggressively
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical discipline – ideally computer science, an advanced degree will receive favorable consideration.
- A minimum of 10 - 15 years hands-on enterprise software professional services/ delivery with a minimum of five (5) years management level experience.
- Strong technical background with an understanding of enterprise software products and implementation
- Background and working knowledge of back office operations for large corporations
- Working knowledge of project management software including management reporting
- Working/hands-on knowledge with a variety of commercial software packages
- Knowledge of programming languages a plus
- Strong Project Management background
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to scale a professional services team and revenue by developing new projects with existing clients
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, manage multiple projects, and adapt to frequent changes
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong team development and training skills
- Innovative thinker with the ability to think and act strategically
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to lead and be a mentor
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- High energy
- Fearless, thoughtful, clear and open, curious and inquisitive, open-minded, orderly and likable
- A fighter: does not take no for an answer - never says die - doesn't accept things as they are - asks not why but why not
- Does not compromise on quality. Ever.
We care deeply about the culture we are building at Aver. Not in the touchy-feely way, but in a purposeful way that will help us move faster and, ultimately, win. We seek people who live and reflect our values:
You are a Peaceful Warrior, who seeks peace, to do no harm, but knows that sometimes conflict is necessary to work towards your noble cause.
As a Ceaseless Inventor you see the world as something to improve. It may take many tries and significant criticism from yourself and others, but eventually you will have the perfect solution. In the end the whole world benefits from your efforts and is excited to see what you will bring next.
Like a New Parent you may feel overwhelmed by the challenges at hand, but as an act of love you embrace the challenge. You will master many new skills, many of which you never knew existed. The rewards are not immediate, nor apparent, but your child will grow to be strong and independent, leading a new generation.