Exciting opportunity to work with a premier provider of Pediatric Homecare.
Loving Care Agency is a leading provider of pediatric home health services. Our qualified team members are passionate and dedicated healthcare professionals who are devoted to helping our patients maximize the care they deserve. Loving Care Agency’s advocacy mission raises the bar in providing exceptional care.
The Physical Therapist plans, conducts, and evaluates the prescribed physical therapy program for patients to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability following disease, injury, loss of body part or birth defect as set forth by the American Physical Therapy Association and per physicians orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct evaluations of the patient and the home environment and identifies equipment needs.
• Provide physical therapy services as prescribed by the physician which can be safely provided in the home.
• Assist the physician in evaluating patient by applying diagnostics and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint, and functional abilities tests.
• Treat patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance, using physical means, such as exercise, massage, heat, water, light, and electricity.
• Assess cardiopulmonary status of each patient before, during and post therapy sessions.
• Observe, record, and report to the physician and the clinical supervisor the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient’s condition.
• Instruct family and other members of the health team on the total physical therapy program, care and use of equipment, and any phases of physical therapy they may do with the patient.
• Develop a patient care plan and measures progress.
• Participate in appropriate in-service education programs
• Maintain competency by attending professional development programs.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of patients and/or employees in compliance with HIPAA regulations and Company policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations and Company policy as applicable.