Essential Skills and Experience
- A commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Previous warehouse experience
- Aptitude to remain calm, pleasant and professional while under strenuous physical requirements as well as strict time schedules and changing priorities, while performing the job in a safe manner.
- Pleasant, polite manner for dealing with co-workers.
- Universal or CFC Type1 Certificate.
Essential Screening Requirements:
- Must be able to pass, a company pre-employment physical exam, drug test, and criminal background check.
- This position is subject to random drug tests for safety sensitive positions.
- May be required to work overtime due to fluctuations in business volume and staffing.
This is a physically demanding position; you must be able to perform strenuous work under varied circumstances.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, with solid work history.
- Processing Technician Lead requires previous experience in a supervisory position
- Basic understanding of instructions. Able to read and understand MSDS’s and acquire the information necessary to safely perform the job duties.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload; ability to meet deadlines and follow instructions
- Basic Computer knowledge and skills
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Universal or CFC Type 1 certification. OR must be willing to take the CFC Type 1 open book test within the 1st 14 days of employment and pass the test.
CRITICAL JOB DEMANDS:
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment used will vary by center:
Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to, dust mask, earplugs, gloves, respirator, safety glasses, work boots and back belt.
Hand tools including, but not limited to, pliers, drill, saw, screwdriver
Machines including, but not limited to, floor jacks, appliance dollies, CFC evacuation machines
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary by center
warehouse environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals,
solvents, dust, and fumes.
Exposure to residential, industrial and commercial waste.
Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions and loud noises.
Frequently lift / carry up to 50 pounds.
Push / pull up to 100 pounds force.
Occasional sitting, overhead reaching, balancing, kneeling, and crawling.
Frequent standing, walking, stair climbing, stooping, and firm grasping.
Constant forward reaching and simple grasping.
ARCA leads the industry in providing environmentally sound appliance recycling. We offer competitive wage along with outstanding benefits that include: Health, dental, life, STD, 401(k), paid vac, sick & holidays.