General Function: Lead the design, analysis, implementation, and communication of compensation and benefits programs (such as all Health and Welfare Plans, 401(k), Disability Plans, Wellness Program, Workers Compensation and PTO plans), as well as the compensation benchmarking/job analysis process and annual compensation review process. Ensure federal, state and local compliance of all benefit and compensation plans. Compile and analyze moderate to complex financial information and ensure appropriate and accurate executive reporting; make recommendations to various senior business leaders based on analysis and aligned with the organization’s strategy and philosophy; provide insightful analysis of key financial metrics and forecasting of all budgets assigned; leverage external SMEs, vendors and internal leadership to develop design for Company compensation and benefits programs. Manage consultation and support regarding disposition of Worker’s Compensation claims and process; lead annual bonus/merit planning process; conduct RFPs according to Company requirements; supervise, coach and develop professional staff; establish and maintain effective processes and communication effectively with other areas of the company and HR (such as HR Systems & Support, HRBPs, L&D).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Workers Compensation (WC) and Other Leave of Absence Programs
Oversee and report on claim adjudication and processes for WC in conjunction with vendor partners.
• Manage the Benefits/WC Analyst;
• Facilitate approval for settlements in conjunction with WC vendor.
• Track and report LOA/WC claims; ensure stakeholders are informed of disposition
• Ensure WC/FMLA/LOA SOPs are accurate and adhered to.
• Ensure compliance with state required LOA-related programs
• Facilitate / participate in semi-annual WC claim review meeting
• Ensure all WC expenses/invoices are paid and all costs are captured and reported appropriately
• Report on WC Activity on a Quarterly basis.
• Ensure Workplace Injury SOP is updated regularly and adhered to.
Compensation Design and Implementation
Provide compensation analysis and consultation in alignment with company compensation philosophy. Select, participate in and leverage compensation benchmarking/surveys.
• Facilitate annual merit and bonus planning for assigned departments/divisions, including Management and Non-Management programs.
• Create and deliver Total Reward Statements annually
• Benchmark jobs bi-annually and evaluate Salary Grade/Ranges
• Conduct job analysis and benchmark new and modified job descriptions including FLSA status
• Participate in projects for assigned departments/Units such as incentive design, and job redesign
• Monitor and ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local Minimum Wage
Forecasting, Analysis and Reporting
• Create reporting and analysis of moderate to complex financial data to produce reports for senior management.
• Create and present “Executive Briefs” on all related subject matter
• Model moderate to complex sets of data to predict financial performance of benefit and compensation options and programs.
• Ensure that financial models for new benefits and compensation initiatives are accurately incorporated into the plan/forecast.
• Monitor, report and quantify performance metrics and corresponding financial implications for operations management.
• Translate numeric results into reporting and analysis that “tells the story” offering feedback and guidance of key strategies.
• Interact with Finance Department management team regarding Budgets and Forecasts.
Provide support to VP, Human Resources for Executive Compensation and Board of Director requests.
• Provide annual compensation benchmark data; create total compensation statements.
• Participate in design/proposal of any new executive comp and/or benefit programs
• Assist in administering Executive Long Term Incentive Program
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises (2) Compensation/Benefits/WC professionals.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
•Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Industrial/Labor Relations, Mathematics, Finance, Economics or related discipline
•Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) and/or Certified Employee Benefits (CEBS)designation desirable
•Required: 5 years progressive management experience in Compensation and Benefits areas for a multi-state, like-sized employer, including moderate benefits design experience
•Well-developed oral and written communication skills required
•Professional presentation skills
•Actuarial experience or prior work in an actuarial environment highly desired
•Experience administering executive compensation plans desirable
•Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
•Conflict resolution skills
•Proven ability to influence horizontally and vertically in the organization, with or without direct authority
• Strong modeling and forecasting skills, and analytical capabilities
•Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
•Critical thinking and strategic thinking skills
•Advanced EXCEL knowledge and application
•Normal office environment
•Extended viewing of computer screens