Senior Java Software Developer - Austin-91157Description
NetSpend Corporation, a Tsys company is seeking a Senior Java Software Developer – Application Development Team to design and develop proprietary software in a highly secure and a heavy transaction-based environment. We are looking for well-rounded developers who have a proven track record of delivering scalable and robust business applications. The ideal candidate must be capable of designing and developing new functionality as well as consistently producing on-going scheduled maintenance releases.
The developer will be part of an Agile team, developing proprietary software and technology to support our internal teams, external partners, and NetSpend cardholders. NetSpend processes millions of transactions every day using this technology. Our growth and profitability is directly tied to our ability to scale, adapt, and monitor this technology.
NetSpend offers a fun, personable atmosphere where creativity, ingenuity and talent are encouraged and rewarded.
- Deliver highly scalable and reliable business applications using J2EE technologies.
- Maintain a suite of existing applications by implementing new features and fixing critical bugs.
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process enhancements.
- Ensure that unit and system tests are automated and complete per quality assurance requirements.
- Optimize performance and scalability as necessary to meet business and financial goals of application and environment.
- Adhere to current documentation standards and produce necessary documentation for training and compliance.