The Staffing Coordinator is directly supervised by the Clinical Director, Clinical Manager or Branch Director and is responsible for ensuring that a schedule exists for each patient and employee, and that staff qualifications and skills are matched to patient need under the direction of the clinical manager. In addition, the staffing coordinator is responsible to ensure that all documentation and information is filed and to maintain the patients’ clinical record in a secure and organized fashion. The Staffing Coordinator must ensure that the branch adheres to policies and procedures with regards to patient-related documentation matters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assign and schedule field staff to provide care and services for patients under the direction of the clinical manager.
• Answer phone calls from field staff and patients; appropriately handle or refer the call and document follow-up, resolution.
• Provide patients or families with accurate schedules; follow-up regarding: coverage, call-offs and cancellation of staff and keeps the clinical manager appraised of all.
• May be asked to validate patient eligibility with regard to payer requirements; input payer information into billing system; and, monitor and track all billing.
• Tracking hours and attendance for all staff. Monitor hours for nurse benefit eligibility. Reports issues and concerns to the appropriate clinical manager for follow-up.
• Coordinate informational packages: Parent manuals, patient clinical records, in- home records put together packets for patient visits as directed.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of patients and/or employee
information in compliance with HIPAA rules. Maintain compliance with applicable state and federal regulations, company policies/procedures and accreditation standards.
• Prepare weekly updates regarding newly opened cases and maintain an accurate Active Caseload List. Coordinate with HC Specialist and Regional Recruiter or Marketing/Recruiter Specialist to keep all informed of open cases and help guide/coordinate caregiver recruitment to ensure appropriate case coverage.
• Send out unfilled hours’ reports to physicians as directed by the clinical manager(s). Share unfilled hours reports with recruiter. Prepare and send required documents to patient homes to ensure appropriate documentation in the in-home record (e.g., Medication administration records, clinical notes, etc.)
• Track and monitor physician’s orders documents for timely return and reports issues to clinical managers for follow-up.
• Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
• Reports to Clinical Director, Clinical Manager or Branch Director No Management responsibility