Has your current job become stale? Do you want to work with cutting edge technology? Are you interested in performance-based career progression?
Citrix Consulting has been an integral part of Citrix for 10 years and is continuously looking for IT consultants with strategic, enterprise deployment experience. Our dynamic and energetic Services organization provides the quickest path to virtualization for our enterprise customers. Through our proven methodology and project-based approach, Consulting drives successful implementations through focused onsite project teams and direct customer interaction. Citrix Consultants undergo a rigorous initial training program, as well as ongoing training for emerging products, focusing on key Citrix technologies and industry adopted certifications.”
The Senior Consultant is primarily engaged on either customer facing or internal professional services engagements. Sr. Consultants often lead the technical aspects and the development of project deliverables of internal projects (system integration, whitepapers, scalability and performance tests) to a large extent and can lead standard customer engagements of low to medium complexity. The Senior Consultant is responsible for continuing to develop the foundation skills of consulting and becoming proficient with one or more relevant technologies. The position requires an individual to utilize their skills in the consulting methodology, server-based computing concepts, documentation standards and organization, time management, Citrix products and technologies, software installation, and networking skills on internal Consulting Solutions assignments or client engagements. The Senior Consultant must be able to individually solve problems proactively and seek help from more experienced team members or other available sources (i.e. knowledge base, manuals, etc.) when necessary. The position requires a team player that seeks to supplement their skills through the use of project experience, self-study manuals, and point of need training. Good written and verbal communication skills are also required.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
The Sr. Consultant works on internal and customer facing consulting projects of low-to-medium complexity with significant responsibilities for completion of entire project sections. Sr. Consultants also lead 'standard' projects of low complexity.
• Emerges as a significant contributor and leader on project efforts, with the ability to assume responsibility/ownership for entire project components.
• Grows technical capacity beyond the core Citrix products and underlying technologies. Able to breakdown complex problems into manageable pieces and follow a structured process to resolve them.
• Holds teammates accountable for their commitments and helps coordinate team activities to ensure task completion.
• Stays up to date on the latest tools, methods, and measures both within Citrix and in the industry.
• Proactively, clearly, and openly shares information and ideas with others; asks for, listens to, and uses feedback and input.
• Talks openly with others, inside and outside of the company, about the things happening at Citrix.
• Prioritizes and focuses on what is most important for their individual deliverables, with consideration for the impact on team deliverables.
• Thinks and acts in terms of “We,” rather than “Us vs. Them”