Job Purpose: Directs and coordinates collections activities within assigned department, ensuring external client satisfaction. Coordinates, manages and facilitates workload, assignments, tasks and projects recognizing production goals.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintain an adequately trained collection staff to handle current production goals within department(s). Monitor and ensure that the daily contact, production goals and quality of work are being achieved by the staff. Track production on proper forms and documentation.
2. Screen and hire new staff members, train new and existing staff members. Coordinate if applicable quarterly training sessions with Trainer to ensure that the staff is properly train in their job functions.
3. Maintain and monitor weekly/monthly payroll and scheduling for all staff which includes time off & OT issues. Approve employee time records. Manage time off requests to ensure no department impact on collections.
4. Perform weekly QA audits for each client. Achieve and maintain acceptable scores and functions as outlined in the QA program. Maintain prompt and accurate documentation outlining all steps of the QA program that have been taken in individual organized files. Audit productivity sheets from staff to ensure the accounts receivables are follow-up appropriately by staff. Audit the assigned number of accounts per day following a set schedule.
5. Provide coaching and development daily through informal observation and formal monitoring. This includes monitoring accounts and conducting side-by-sides training if needed. Conduct daily coaching sessions with staff members and provide performance feedback. Complete and maintain required documentation regarding performance and training/development needs. Review documentation with staff members.
6. Assist the Director of Operations other and department heads by providing analysis, trends with updates on assigned projects Prepares reports, spreadsheets for accuracy and quality, for the various projects. Make changes and provide updates when necessary and forward them to the staff.
7. Monitor and ensure proper inventory maintenance and account follow-up. Review weekly inventory-production report.
8. Maintain an inventory of problem accounts that have been escalated up by the Team Lead review, follow up and provide other resolution action as needed. Provide assistance to staff on individual account issues. Ensure proper follow-up by seeing that inventory of accounts never exceeds 25 on a daily basis. Escalate as deemed appropriate.
9. Prepare daily and weekly reports as needed as to the status of the MTD production goals.
10. Be available to attend staff meetings in the Director of Operations absence. Bring and provide an update on MTD production reports.
11. Create, track and maintain daily/weekly/monthly incentive game totals. Provide proper tracking reports as needed by payroll/accounting dept.
12. Ensure daily roll call sessions with staff members. The goal of this meeting is to provide the staff an open forum to discuss collection related issues that affect clients, co-workers, the company etc. Meet with Team Lead to review and address issues surfaced.
13. Other duties as assigned by management
14. Duties may vary by location
Ø Knowledge: Working knowledge of collections. Capable of meeting production goals through subordinates. Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent or a combination of a high school diploma or equivalent plus advanced relevant formal training.
Ø Experience: Minimum 4 to 6 years experience in collections, customer service or equivalent with progressive responsibilities. At least 2 years previous supervisory experience or leadership in a similar capacity. Experience with standard office software products a must. Experience in Microsoft Office.
Ø Skills/Aptitudes: Demonstrated leadership, analytical and problem solving skills, plus the ability to act/decide accordingly. Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally with clients. Ability to collect, create and research complex or diverse information. Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.