PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world's leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. PPG is committed to providing a fulfilling workplace for employees, creating an environment for continuous learning and embracing the ideas and diversity of others. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit http://www.ppg.com/
PPG Industrial Coatings has earned a reputation for innovative, high-performance products and world-class service. Serving the world’s top manufacturers and supply chain partners with a wide range of leading technologies, PPG enables customers to achieve their industrial coatings goals.
PPG Industrial Coatings produces coatings for appliances
, agricultural and construction equipment
, consumer electronics
, automotive parts
, residential and commercial construction, wood flooring
and many other finished products. We are committed to ongoing research and development of innovative technologies. From pre-treatment
, to liquid
and even ultra-violet
(UV) and electro-beam (EB) coatings, PPG can meet virtually any coatings challenge
Located in Oak Creek, Wisconsin the Sr. Development Chemist will report to a Development Associate in this plant environment while collaborating with peer Chemists, Technicians, field sales/service, manufacturing and external clients/customers. The Sr. Development Chemist will be responsible for formulating, spraying, testing and troubleshooting solvent based liquid coatings to meet customer specifications and requirements in the industrial coatings market. This is a “hands-on” position that will require an exceptional understanding of structure / property relationships, and bench engagement in the design, formulation, and testing of coatings. You will also be participating in customer visits which will require you to travel less than 25% of the time.
- Develop new coatings and modify existing coatings to achieve continued sales and profit growth. Plan and carry out multiple development programs for a major market segment or technology
- Provide customer support through scale-ups, trial runs and technical expertise
- Provide production support through anticipating and resolving technically related production problems
- Drive compliance with PPG Environmental, Health and Safety policies
- Acquire knowledge of and participate in the Quality Process
- Provide training and direction for a limited number of junior Chemists
- Maintain a clean and safe work area by following established housekeeping procedures and safety policies