Givaudan, the leader in the Flavor and Fragrance industry, is looking to bring to our team a person with expertise in Sensory as we work closely with our clients to partner with them in their product enhancements. This person will make a huge impact with our team by providing relevant/actionable sensory support to marketing, technical and commercial teams.
By proactively contributing to project strategies and by developing appropriate and advanced sensory approaches in line with business/research priorities they will lead sensory element of project team initiatives regionally with limited supervision.
- Effectively communicate sensory results and insights to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct relevant statistical analysis, interpret results, write reports and provide results, interpretation and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Support promotion of sensory capabilities and results to internal and external customers.
- Contribute to the sensory elements of the overall sensory/CU vision and strategy and support implementation.
- Share knowledge and experience with relevant regional and global teams.
- Work closely with sensory staff to ensure appropriate resources for projects. Provide instruction, supervision and mentoring where appropriate.
- Ensure implementation of latest methodologies and best practices.
- Maintain accurate records of all sensory testing; create and enter information in sensory system.
- Master's Degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology or related area experience in industry, Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years technical functional experience in industry or academia.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying sensory methodologies including descriptive, discriminative, quantitative testing and design of experiments to answer objectives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in cross-functional project management and problem-solving in research and product development environment.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of utilizing statistical approaches and software applied to sensory projects. Must have good statistical analysis skills (non-parametric, parametric, multivariate, experimental design) with proven data interpretation knowledge.
- Proven project management experience, communication and cross-functional team leadership.
- Ability to design complex research studies with minimal instruction.
- Communicates clearly, precisely and concisely in both oral and written form.
- Possesses excellent presentation skills, effectively translating sensory results into business drivers.
- Able to disseminate information about decision plan and activities from a global and regional level.
- Able to communicate, interact and influence teams and manage conflict in decision making.
- Experience in mentoring scientific personnel.
- Fluent in English.
Givaudan Flavors is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. M/F/V/D
As the leading company in the Flavours and Fragrances industry, Givaudan creates and manufactures unique and innovative taste and smell solutions. We provide the passion and expertise for global, regional and local food and beverages manufactures as well as household, personal care and fine fragrance companies.
Givaudan people believe in their work. Our flavours and fragrances play an important part in consumers’ well-being from Australia to Zambia. From the fragrances which bring back happy memories to the flavours that improve diets by boosting the taste of healthy food. Givaudan employees believe they make a difference. With 9,000 employees across 40 different countries, our global organisation offers the distinctive experience of a market leader with the culture and friendliness of a small team.