SQL ETL Data Engineer – Permanent – Central Austin
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
• 30+ Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)!
• Profitable since 1999
• Privately held; self funded
• Competitive pay
• Challenging engineering problems and a team that prides itself on innovation & best practices
• Opportunity to make a significant impact immediately
• Highly accomplished, smart, driven co-workers
• Monthly Q&A session with Executives
• Vibrant company culture
• Flexible work environment
• Healthy supply of food/caffeine
• Covered parking
• Relocation assistance possible
Feeling like your current job is just, well, a job? You’re meeting deadlines, pushing projects forward, even getting accolades from the boss. So why the empty feeling? You need a mission, you need to know that what you are doing is making a difference, not just helping the bottom line. For more than a decade we have been on a mission to secure our world through data analytics and visualization working with government, military, and intelligence groups, as well as the world's largest enterprises. Now we have a new mission to introduce our technology to every organization looking to eradicate already entrenched cyber attackers, detect fraud, and predict criminal activity. You’ll be surrounded by some of the best and brightest in the industry; people who push themselves to new levels of innovation daily.
As part of a small collaborative team, you’ll find novel solutions to challenging problems and have the opportunity to make a significant impact.
• Responsible for the data extract, load, and transform (ETL) development, data modeling, data development, and data handling.
• Responsible for documentation of data resources, and ensures data security and appropriate access to data resources.
• Works with the rest of the support team to ensure the necessary data and analysis environments are available for users.
• Provides recommendations for technology and process changes.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US without employer sponsorship.
• Must have a high degree of initiative to implement solutions in a dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated experience writing SQL packages for loading and transforming data sets.
• Extensive experience in designing, building and testing ETL data loading jobs without commercial ETL platform.
• Extensive experience and capability in documenting, tuning, managing, and scheduling large libraries of ETL jobs.
• Demonstrated experience in dealing with large datasets from variety of different sources, each with varying degrees of data quality and cleanliness.
• Advanced skills in shell scripting on Linux and Windows platforms, and experience in performing ETL via such methods.
• Advanced database skills across a range of technologies, including PostgreSQL, and MPP database architectures.
• Experience in database administration functions such as performance, security, backup & restores, schema migrations, and normal maintenance.
• Demonstrated skills in data modeling. Must be able to understand business requirements and translate them into technical deliveries.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• Experience with Healthcare-related data a plus.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience plus at least 5 years of related experience.