The R&D Technician is a key resource for advanced technology and process development at company’s Advanced Technology Development (R&D) organization and is expected to provide technical and logistic support for multiple technical and engineering areas, particularly in the areas of optical thin films and organic coating process development and Testing for ophthalmic applications.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains a basic understanding and competent operation skills with multiple materials, processes, equipment and test procedures in R&D and manufacturing environment.
• Performs consistently high quality work and attention to details as demonstrated through high degree of discipline, integrity, and work ethic.
• Demonstrates effective communication; Works well with team members, management, and external partners.
• Executes experiment and process trials using varieties of lab equipment, testing equipment, and protocol development to completion under supervision of R&D Director(s)/Mgr.’s.
• Assist in logistic support in set-up, scheduling, and managing workflow to ensure established procedures are being met while maintaining high quality of workmanship.
• Supports in problem resolution utilizing effective problem solving methods and internal /external resources.
• Maintains and controls material supply inventory and equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Performs all necessary routine maintenance for test and process equipment.
• Creates and maintains technical report that includes data, logs, and charts as required.
• Provides support and maintains open communication with Facility Management, Engineering, and other staff.
• Demonstrates and utilizes continuous improvement techniques to exceed minimum standards.
• Significant Travel may be required between LOM Facilities, i.e. up to 25%.
• Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrates strong learning capability to quickly achieve operation independence.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate and listen effectively in both written and verbal form.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and time management.
• Experience with material handling, equipment, test protocol, and safety operation.
• Demonstrated ability to learn the use of optical thin film and organic coating equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to learn the use of optical thin film and organic coating Test equipment and Protocols.
• Proven record in successful daily operation in a optical material and process R&D laboratory
• Experience with quality systems and statistical knowledge required.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Competency in Microsoft office applications, ability to develop charts, plots, and data analysis tool.
• Must be proficient in use of AutoCAD design software.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a disciplined structured work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret complex requirements.