The Senior Support Engineer will work in a highly collaborative fast-paced environment with other skilled technology professionals to support/optimize the existing application stack as well as working to scale the environment with open source solutions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Provides a deep understanding of Linux, and how to scale for high volume/low latency environments.
• Understanding of the challenges to be faced when building highly scalable systems.
• Proven track record of operational troubleshooting in a time sensitive context.
• Manage third party application and support paths.
• Identify performance bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
• Execute tests to measure performance, develop conclusions and set performance goals based on the results.
• Work with Development to architect and implement appropriate application monitoring.
• Knowledge of automated deployment and source control/release management tools.
• Experience with shell scripting and preferably Java.
• Experience with NGINX and SSL/TLS optimization at scale. Puppet and Chef experience highly desirable.