TigerLead is one of the most heavily-trafficked networks of real estate sites on the web, and we are dedicated to helping home buyers and sellers to connect with the best realtors.
This is an exciting opportunity for a sharp Senior Software Engineer to work in a startup-like atmosphere within a small but profitable and fast-growing division of Move Inc (located in West Los Angeles), where your contributions will make a direct impact on clients’ success.
Our engineering team is a fun and passionate group. We do agile development based on Scrum, so an ability to communicate directly and effectively with stakeholders (both verbally and in writing) is essential. For the same reason, experience with agile practices, quick iterations, and integration of regular feedback is a big plus.
- Architect and develop highly-scalable, secure, and modern web applications. Your audience will be buyer/seller leads, our realtor clients, and internal customers, with opportunities for both front-end and back-end work.
- Deliver clean, functional, modular, well-documented, and well-tested code.
- Work with our QA staff to ensure thorough functional testing, prepare deployment plans, and identify areas of risk.
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders to help gather requirements and translate them into functional/technical specs, and integrate their feedback during the development process.
- Mentor junior developers, and contribute to the evolution of our technology stack.
Location and Hours
The position is located in our Los Angeles office (at 1554 S. Sepulveda Blvd). Sorry, we cannot consider teleworking for this position at the time. This is a full-time (40 hours per week M-F) position, and we will need your work hours to overlap with 10am-3pm Pacific Time.
- Senior level software engineer, with 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following languages: Perl, Ruby, Python, PHP.
- Strong experience working and developing within a Linux environment (CentOS, Apache/Nginx, PostgreSQL, Varnish, Elasticsearch, etc).
- Able to architect and implement solutions to complex problems on large, scalable web applications.
- Strong background in OOP, MVC design, and SOA / Web Services.
- Excellent SQL skills.
- HTML and CSS skills to create web templates.
- Solid grasp of source code management fundamentals (we use git and GitHub).
- Willingness to identify, learn, and use the best technology for a given task, regardless of your current strengths.
- Team-first attitude, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills; enjoy collaborating with others.
- Experience with Perl, in particular with Mojolicious, DBIx::Class, and Moose.
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby-on-Rails.
- Experience with JQuery.
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, energy drinks, and more.
- Sharp coworkers, including Tim Bunce, who has been working with the team for several years and recommends this opportunity.
- Contributing to open-source projects is encouraged.
- Flexible work hours (with normal core hours of 10am-4pm Pacific Time).
- A dog-friendly environment.
- A prime location just off the 405 in West LA.
Move, Inc. offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment including a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holidays. What should excite you about Move is not where we are located or which dental plan we offer, but the opportunity to be a key player in revolutionizing the real estate industry and working with people who are excited and motivated to make a difference in an industry that touches everyone’s lives.
Move is an equal opportunity employer.