Teledyne Technologies Incorporated is a leading provider of sophisticated electronic components and subsystems, instrumentation and communications products, including defense electronics, monitoring and control instrumentation for marine, environmental and industrial applications, harsh environment interconnect products, data acquisition and communications equipment for air transport and business aircraft, and components and subsystems for wireless and satellite communications. We also provide engineered systems and information technology services for defense, space and environmental applications, manufacture general aviation engines and components, and supply energy generation, energy storage and small propulsion products.
We serve niche market segments where performance, precision and reliability are critical. Our customers include government agencies, aerospace prime contractors, energy exploration and production companies, major industrial companies, and airlines and general aviation companies.
External Description: The purpose of this position is to identify, supply and service new and, as directed, existing customers that represent either large quantity, strategic or long-term commercial opportunities for Teledyne Isco, Inc.’s environmental flow meter products, lease and/or services. This position will work directly and personally with these customers with the intent of developing lasting professional relationships that will facilitate commercial activity and foster new business opportunities. This position will work in coordination with the existing Rep/Distributor organization and/or provide direct customer support as determined by the Environmental Global Sales Manager. This position, working within the framework of the overall sales/marketing organization, will develop and manage all aspects of the key customers until such time as these customers are transferred to regional sales managers; or are managed jointly between the Business Development/Key Account Manager and the Regional Sales Manager.
The Business Development/Key Account Manager will be responsible for:
1. Meeting or exceeding annually established flow meter sales goals. Making good business decisions based upon a full understanding of company and customer business objectives, policies, market conditions and profitability
2. Growing sales, market share and brand recognition by making sales, marketing and technical presentations to key customers.
3. Authoring or participating in the development and implementation of sales action plans designed to ensure achievement of marketing objectives and sales goals.
4. Communicate with various departments within Teledyne Isco, Inc. to coordinate fulfilling sales commitments to key customers.
5. Providing quarterly analysis of sales and market trends.
6. Submitting monthly report highlighting achievements, losses, opportunities, changes in customer or market conditions and issues along with reporting monthly plans and goals to management.
7. Arranging technical support to key customers.
8. Attending professional meetings, seminars and training sessions to further key account sales objectives and/or to support key customers.
9. Traveling as required to implement the success of key sales initiatives.
10. Preparing annual sales plans.
11. Providing assessment of Teledyne Isco Inc.’s Representatives and Distributor performance in key customer business efforts.
12. Providing sales and technical assistance to Teledyne Isco Inc.’s Representatives and Distributors as determined by the Global Environmental Sales Manager.
13. Working in cooperation with Regional Sales Managers to ensure clear communications and the efficient management of business.
14. Provide sales development training to global Manufacturer Representatives and Distributors to enhance their understanding of key account marketing strategy, direct customer support by Teledyne Isco, Inc. and technical expertise.
15. Developing an awareness and sensitivity to the social and business cultures of the various countries within which this position may work or communicate.