Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
HCA Physician Services implements innovative, value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare to support HCA's commitment to the care and improvement of human life. We focus on quality, streamlining operations and continuously improving technology as we strive to provide the best possible patient care and serve our community.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
The Medical Office Specialist is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical/administrative expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Working at the reception desk
• Communicating with patients and providers
• Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments
• Reminding patients of upcoming appointments and tracking missed appointments
• Answering multiple telephones and accurately documenting messages
• Forwarding telephone calls appropriately and following up on return calls
• Checking-in patients and properly documenting registration
• Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics
• Filing medical records
• Retrieving medical records and delivering to appropriate providers or department
• Filing patient and administrative files
• Copying and faxing duties
• Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards
• Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer