The Manager of Other OEM Maintenance Services is responsible for management of Other OEM (OOEM) Steam Turbine and Generator fleet maintenance activities including such essential matters as safety, planning, budgeting, scheduling, procurement, contracting, and execution. Coordinates outage scope development with client personnel to minimize the impact of outage activities on plant availability. This position will manage the project related activities of Construction and Field Service (C&FS) Department resources and outside resources, as required, in support of planned and emergency maintenance outages for OOEM projects. The Manager will ensure effective, prudent outage resource and cost management, legal compliance with Federal and State regulations, and completion of scheduled outages in a standardized manner, which promotes the Safety, Quality, Schedule, Productivity and Financial Goals established by the Company.
This position will be responsible for the direct personnel management and overall leadership of the Site Technicians including Generator and Turbine Specialists and Generator and Turbine Technicians. This position will also have overall responsibility for the Company’s field tooling assets. Administrative and technical responsibility for the group, are the primary elements of this position. The job will require working with subordinate supervision, technicians, shop personnel, other Shop Operations groups, Engineering and Project Management in the execution of customer projects. Work will include participation in the overall project process in all phases of project bidding and execution. This position will also represent service capabilities to customers in support of Marketing and Sales activities, as needed.
• Works closely with Sales Managers, Project Management to develop opportunities for TIC OOEM maintenance services.
• Works with Toshiba Engineering to develop and introduce maintenance best practices and technological improvements.
• Manage all aspects of the OOEM Maintenance Services Department including employee and equipment safety, work practice management, quality, productivity, procurement, planning, scheduling, hiring and development, employee relations and budgeting.
• Ensure the complete and accurate implementation of engineered processes in a field/ site setting
• Participate in industry conferences and organizations such as EPRI, Power Gen, Building trade labor forums, etc. as required.
• Identify methods and processes that improve maintenance response and work within the fleet to affect improvements.
• Directs the development of estimates, specifications and maintenance/work packages detailing work scope and resource requirements for outage projects.
• Develops necessary performance plan and budgets to provide for adequate funding and staffing to achieve the Company’s goals and objectives with respect to maintenance services.
• Responsible for site P&L of OOEM Maintenance Services Department projects.
• Establishes cost control and review measures to monitor outage performance and verify expenditures are prudent and within budget.
• Establish qualification standards for internal, casual and contract personnel
• Develop tooling resources coincident with department growth plan
• Develop human resources coincident with department growth plan
• Approves/recommends the approval of construction contracts, contract changes, and any cost variance with the original budget.
• Continuously identify and refine the proposal process to minimize quote cycle time.
• Enforce order booking requirements and drive improvements in the contract turnover process to ensure proper control.