The Universal Branch Manager is responsible for all aspects of running the branch, beginning with managing the customer experience and winning against every competitor. The Branch Manager will create and manage the customer experience for branch customers and prospects. The Branch Manager will manage and model the experience end to end, efficiently handling service interactions, identifying sales opportunities and making referrals to a broad range of ecosystem partners and sales channels. The Branch Manager will build an exceptionally engaged team through the attraction, on-boarding, motivation, and development of branch team member:
The Universal Branch Manager is responsible in creating a richer, unique and differentiated, more relevant experience for the customer with every transaction through effective Customer Service Management.
- Lead customers through interactive demonstrations of PNC's capabilities at a variety of venues.
- Also acts as a consultant, opening accounts, performing and servicing customer transactions, side by side with the Universal Consultant, with no distinction to the customer
- Have a robust network of partners and work closely to connect customer as needs are identified
- Proactive business development activities inside and outside the branch office that results in the successful acquisition and expansion of consumer and business banking relationships
Lead and manage the selling and customer relationship activities of the branch.
Involve ecosystem partners to bring the full complement of PNC capabilities to our customers.
Identify PNC solutions based on discussion.
- Create and execute on plans to successfully deliver retirement and investment referrals
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of PNC capabilities, educating customers whenever possible on alternate delivery methods and channels
- Develop strategies for growth and a tactical plan to capitalize on growth opportunities
Coach and lead the universal branch team on service behaviors and utilization of tools to cause a consistently differentiated and highly valued experience. Ensure various delivery channels are used in an optimal manner to effectively service customers.
- Create a branch culture where the universal branch team is committed to doing things right the first time
- Lead by example, demonstrating superior customer servicing behaviors and actions at all times
Accountable for attracting the desired talent, managing to expectations, and developing new competencies. Accountable for the development and ongoing maintenance of the branch staffing plan.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, such as ability to manage to vision & purpose, superior communication skills, ability to influence behavior and create high levels of employee engagement
- Coach for improvement of existing skills, development of new skills and achievement of goals
- Create an environment where employees know what is expected of them
Create a strong risk culture that embodies PNC's core value of risk management and commitment to a moderate risk profile.
- Managing resources and revenue to create improved operating leverage, focusing on employee productivity to achieve expense and revenue commitments
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of risk, understanding the implications that go beyond the employee, the customer, the branch and the immediate situation
- Minimize HR risk through sound judgment and strict adherence to human resources policies and procedures
Participate in community activities and become a brand ambassador in the community served. Engage with Centers of Influence to broaden PNC exposure within the community.
- Position the branch team as the recognized bankers of the community
- Ideal candidates will have:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years leadership/management experience in sales/service preferably within a retail environment.
- Willing and able to work flexible hours that will vary depending on location including weekends and evenings
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Thorough understanding of systems and processes
- Strict adherence to established policies and procedures
- Using sound judgment when making sound decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Strong computer skills (Windows-based applications)Experience being evaluated/surveyed by customers is preferred
- Twelve to 24 months in financial services, sales or retail industry is preferred, as is the ability to cross-sell products and services
As an industry leader, we are committed to investing in resources that set us apart from our competition. For you, this means working for a company that provides excellent technology, call desk support and training tools. You will enjoy the prestige and security offered by a large company'with the manageability of a community bank atmosphere. Most of all, you will work with a company that values and recognizes how diversity and inclusion contribute to our success
Candidates being considered for this position will be subject to additional background checks as required by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau regulations.